Talk

Advanced search

Botox & lip fillers

(7 Posts)
Quarksoundslikequack Thu 26-Jan-17 15:39:23

So! I'm fast approaching 27 & my son will be here in 11 weeks tomorrow.....anyone had either of the above??

I get lines above my lips which make me so paranoid as when I wear make up, it just sinks in!

Also, my laugh lines seem to be getting deeper too!

I'm not prepared to grow old gracefully!

iremembericod Thu 26-Jan-17 16:16:59

You can't possibly need botox at 27!!

Quarksoundslikequack Thu 26-Jan-17 16:19:49

I didn't ever think I did, however the lines are getting deeper each month I swear!

It's making me so paranoid.

It's mainly the lines either side of my mouth & just above my top lip.

Maybe my forehead but not for age but because I naturally frown & give myself a headache

user1475253854 Thu 26-Jan-17 16:26:10

Please please be careful what you do. You are still very young. To me, the towie look is awful (and aging). I know you can do what you want etc but proceed with caution!

iremembericod Thu 26-Jan-17 16:26:44

Botox changes your face, I've had it and wouldn't recommend.

It's ok the first or second time but by the third, you will want your wrinkles back (if you really do have them!) because that awful movement of some parts of your face versus the ones that can't move kicks in. I don't have it anymore.

You are too young to start imo because when you hit 40 and get actual wrinkles, your face will be botoxed out and you'll have 'the look'. Unless that is what you are going for?

user1493033755 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:36:21

There's a lot of stigma that surrounds Botox. Quite recently its been used for preventative reasons. Those who are noticing they are forming lines are best to get it sooner rather than later. This relaxes the muscles that are causing the lines to forms. When left, the muscles will carry on causing lines to form by over active use, resulting in deeper more prominent lines.

You should never feel guilty for wanting to invest in your skin!

Chicinwellies Tue 25-Apr-17 16:23:55

Hmm. Simply, you're too young. Secondly, this isn't 'investing in your skin'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now