Talk

Advanced search

Do these gadgets work to give a perfect wavy look - link and pic!

(11 Posts)
ClockKeeper Thu 26-Jan-17 13:05:51

Just wondered if anyone has tried one of these to get a wavy finish to hair

Do I need it? Or will it go in the drawer of gadgets I have already?!

MissStein Thu 26-Jan-17 13:09:53

I had a version of these several years ago. Thought they were ok but lots of hard work compared to just using a large curling tong or straightners. I no longer have them as they just went unused.

JustPoppingBy Thu 26-Jan-17 13:13:30

I have a similar but much older brand & version. It works fine but it's time consuming.
I have quite thin hair about 20 inches long, it takes about 3/4 goes per length, about 1minute per 'clamp' so on my thin hair it takes quite a long time. I'd say 30-40 mins .

memyselfandaye Thu 26-Jan-17 13:18:56

I had something similar 25yrs ago.

It was a multi tool thing, so you could change the plates from straigteners to waves to crimping and I think there was a hotbrush and possibly tongs as well.

The wavey one did work well iirc.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 26-Jan-17 14:04:34

My friend has one, personally I don't like the look it gives. It just looks like crimped hair to me as the pattern is so regular.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 26-Jan-17 14:05:03

(But if that's the look you like then yes they work!).

FishlessCake Thu 26-Jan-17 14:36:47

I started a thread on this last week, someone linked to a video, I'm still undecided

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 14:39:53

I have something similar that I bought a few years ago. It's another babyliss product. Unfortunately it gives more of a crimped look. I remember the crimp first time around and it's not a look I want to revisit.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 14:41:07

I prefer to curl with straighteners. I prefer the option to choose irregular shapes.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Thu 26-Jan-17 14:42:49

"I prefer the option to choose irregular shapes"

WTF is that? Sorry. Nightshift brain. GO TO SLEEP IDIOT.

isobelaisobela Thu 26-Jan-17 14:49:03

I tried them but they didn't work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now