Talk

Advanced search

Leather leggings and metallic trainers - too much?

(11 Posts)
VeryPunny Thu 26-Jan-17 10:34:05

What's the consensus on metallic trainers and leather leggings for a casual look? Trying to figure out if it would be de trop and whether I would be better off with "normal" trainers?

Theconifers25 Thu 26-Jan-17 12:56:31

I'm thinking it's a bit Jedward for some reason.

Fuzzypeggy Thu 26-Jan-17 13:56:23

I think it could work if the rest of the outfit is very understated and casual, i.e. Big sloppy jumper

puglife15 Thu 26-Jan-17 14:59:51

Link to metallic trainers? There's metallic and then there is METALLIC.

But sounds cool to me. Too many people dress "safely". It's a sea of bloody khaki, grey and black out there!

VeryPunny Thu 26-Jan-17 15:53:03

I wasn't aiming for the Jedward lookgrin

Problem is I have loads of things that would go well with metallic trainers but I need something casual to go with the leather leggings. Would be for a big slouchy jumper etc look. Options are:

Cheap and cheerful, don't laugh, they're M&S

Converse

I've seen quite a few possibles...

Fuzzypeggy Thu 26-Jan-17 15:58:08

I think that both would be fine with leather leggings.

lurkingfromhome Thu 26-Jan-17 17:49:19

Totally fine - I wear metallic trainers & leather leggings loads and I don't think I frighten the horses smile. Either big sloppy jumper or slightly slouchy t-shirt with long cardigan and I'm good to go.

simmonsbythesea Thu 26-Jan-17 17:58:27

Definitely - with an oversized jumper or sweatshirt. The M&S are a more current style than the converse believe it or not - yes M&S finally run with a trend while its still trending and not two seasons too late as usual. Very Common Projects but £225 cheaper.

puglife15 Thu 26-Jan-17 21:36:48

Oh quite like the M&S trainers in pink...

I have white Stan Smiths which is the closest to those. But wouldn't wear them with black, gold would work though.

Touchmybum Thu 26-Jan-17 21:37:46

You can't miss metallic this season. Go for it!

VeryPunny Fri 27-Jan-17 07:36:13

Right, M&S ones ordered. Figured for £20, it's worth a punt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now