Talk

Advanced search

Short and overweight.. please help me dress nicely!

(12 Posts)
BrickInTheWall Wed 25-Jan-17 22:19:51

I am 5ft2, I am very overweight and I dont know how to dress my body anymore!!
I am between a size 14-16 depending on shop. I have very large breasts and large bottom and thighs. My underbust is probably my best feature, still fairly narrow comparitively.
I have a night out on Saturday with a few good friends who obviously all are bloody gorgeous. I have all day Friday to treat myself to a new outfit.
What shall I get?! Help please!! thanks

allfurcoatnoknickers Thu 26-Jan-17 14:48:45

Nicely fitted skater dress with lunging neckline to highlight your cleavage: Link

allfurcoatnoknickers Thu 26-Jan-17 14:49:17

FFS. Plunging neckline. Although may make people lunge at you with lust?

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Jan-17 14:55:25

What age range are you and where are you going?

BrickInTheWall Thu 26-Jan-17 19:17:44

I am early 30s and going out to a few bars.
I quite like that skater dress allfur but maybe a wee bit too short? I will look out for it in River Island and try it on if I see it.

phoolani Thu 26-Jan-17 22:11:21

Anything which accentuates you underbust (??)/waist. Work what you've got, don't waste time lamenting what you haven't!

NapQueen Thu 26-Jan-17 22:15:07

I'm 5 2 and a size 14 to 16 too (weighed myself for the first time in about a year today - 13st3 so even if I lost the 2 stone I'm planning I will still be in the obese section!)

I recently wore this beautiful mustard yellow dress from Lindy Bop and got lots of compliments!

Bluntness100 Thu 26-Jan-17 22:16:07

I'd go for skinny jeans and heels and a longer empire line top to show off your bust and waist but skim where you want it to.

BrickInTheWall Thu 26-Jan-17 23:01:18

NapQueen Im in the same boat.. I am 13 and a half stone. I am aiming to lose 4 stone. I have spent much of the last decade either pregnant or breastfeeding so am ready to get on top if this now! Im the biggest Ive ever been, and really feel it.

NapQueen Fri 27-Jan-17 00:01:29

Me too sad and I truly hate seeing photos of myself.

I had convinced myself it was because I didn't breastfeed my two, and my body just stored all the extra nutrition grin but now you've said you bf'd then I'd probably have ended up the same too.

I've drawn a little tracker in my notebook and will mark down every time I drop.2lb. I'm hopeful that seeing the progress will help, as I really need to work on it.

Day to day I wear leggings and tunics, and evenings out skinny jeans with a loose top and a little jacket.

Can't wait to slim and enjoy shopping for clothes again.

PutAPlasterOn Fri 27-Jan-17 12:09:32

I'm similar build to you. Oasis always have lovely skater dresses. Thick black tights, heels and a leather biker wink

7SunshineSeven7 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:13:08

Tried simplyBe? They have nice dresses and they're a bit longer so cover your bum but still lay on the thighs in the normal length of smaller sizes! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now