Talk

Advanced search

Help me find the right belt please

(9 Posts)
Lucysdiamonds Wed 25-Jan-17 21:11:41

I'm fed up of wearing shapeless tops and dresses. I often wear leggings with long tunics or jersey dresses with thick tights, but would like to clinch them in at the waist. However ... I'm a size 16 at present (working on losing weight though) and I'm not sure what would suit me ... I don't have any belts! blush

Can anyone suggest what they would wear in my situation and if possible link to them? Thanks.

MightyMunki Thu 26-Jan-17 12:59:58

Its hard to suggest without seeing what outfits it would go with. However, if you have any decent vintage shops around you I highly recommend popping in and having a look, some of my most beautiful belts have been from vintage shops. You get unique one off styles, and its fun to pick them out and try them on.

Lucysdiamonds Fri 27-Jan-17 00:19:51

The charity shops around here are rubbish and no vintage shops sad

I'm just not sure whether chunky or narrow for example, stretchy or buckle ...

I'd be wearing it with something like this dress with leggings or thick tights.

Lucysdiamonds Fri 27-Jan-17 00:20:41

Or this top

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 27-Jan-17 08:14:05

I'd go for something a bit like this in tan leather - noticeable but not overly chunky.

Have you looked on Pinterest to get an idea of what you fancy?

NewPantsforaNewYear Fri 27-Jan-17 08:18:05

As you don't actually need it to do anything useful, this one from Jigsaw is nice as it's a bit different

Lucysdiamonds Fri 27-Jan-17 11:19:56

They're both nice ... but wouldn't really look like I had a waist as they're both loose if you know what I mean .. sorry I'm new to this, out of my depth. I thought I'd be looking to make the dresses/tops look less shapeless? Will that work?

MightyMunki Fri 27-Jan-17 11:46:58

I think you can style those with either skinny or chunky waist belts, I'd personally try stuff like this:

www.asos.com/asos/asos-leather-obi-waist-belt/prd/5949208?iid=5949208&affid=14173&channelref=product%20search&mk=abc¤cyid=1&gclid=CLD-8tef4tECFUM6GwodFGAHMg

www.warehouse.co.uk/gb/sale/accessories/eyelet-elasticated-waist-belt/025282.html?gclid=CPyS9Nqf4tECFRcYGwodjXwGPA&cm_mmc=PPC-GGL-_-Search-_-PX-GenericShopping-_-GenericsAllProducts&dwvar_025282_color=77&gclsrc=aw.ds

www.asos.com/reclaimed-vintage/reclaimed-vintage-wide-leather-studded-waist-belt/prd/7090065?iid=7090065&clr=Black&SearchQuery=reclaimed%20vintage%20waist%20belt&pgesize=3&pge=0&totalstyles=3&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=3

Lucysdiamonds Fri 27-Jan-17 12:01:48

Thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now