Talk

Advanced search

Smart black trousers - help!

(6 Posts)
FurryGiraffe Wed 25-Jan-17 14:04:50

I'm looking for some black trousers for work and bizarre as it sounds, I'm really struggling.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 9 st 12. Size 10-12 in trousers depending on fit/brand etc. DS2 is only 8 months so my tummy is still pretty saggy but my legs are pretty slim and toned. Also I'm quite short waisted- so I really want to wear trousers with slightly longer line tops that hide the tummy/ don't emphasise my ridiculously short body.

I just can't find anything anywhere. Anything that isn't a skinny fit seems to be baggy and shapeless- and very unflattering. Skinny fit sags at the knee.

Any suggestions?

CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 25-Jan-17 14:07:02

Hi - we've just made a page devoted to Mumsnetter's recommended trousers here. Hope it's helpful.

CycleOnTheLEFT Wed 25-Jan-17 14:19:08

These from Oasis are lovely, and bargainous, but sadly OOS in black. Not sure if burgundy is any good to you.
Prior to these I've had skinny fit trousers from Gap which can be quite smart, or more expensive non-skinnies from Jigsaw.

FurryGiraffe Wed 25-Jan-17 16:08:32

Thanks Cycle. I hadn't thought of Gap actually and looking at the web that might work. They're a bit less smart than I was hoping but for summer that might work.

I'm remembering why I wear skirts and dresses to work...

BootCampSucker Wed 25-Jan-17 16:33:51

These were recommended on another thread and they're great. Really good fit and look much more expensive than they are. I'll be getting another pair.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 25-Jan-17 20:40:58

This pair from hush

Very long so you will need to take up but they are absolutely brilliant. They have an elasticated waist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now