Talk

Advanced search

Help me find perfect trench coat

(8 Posts)
MightyMunki Wed 25-Jan-17 10:30:06

I had a really lovely fit and flare trench coat from Zara, but for a reason I can't fathom, decided to get rid of it a couple of years ago. I have been on the hunt to replace it ever since.
I'm looking for something practically identical to what I had; waterproof material- a bit like a waterproof ponte sort of fabric with a bit of weight to it, flares out a bit at the waist, in a dark colour. Does this exist anywhere?? Also needs to have decent sleeve length, I'm 5'7 and struggle sometimes to find sleeves that are long enough.

Am currently drooling over the burberry ones but just can't afford it, is it worth checking the outlet stores? Does anyone know how good of a discount you get there?

Thanks so much for reading.

PNGirl Wed 25-Jan-17 13:03:03

I can't help on outlet pricing but there are shedloads in the sales at the moment on department stores like:

www.johnlewis.com/jacques-vert-trench-mac-black/p3057508

If you have a McArthur Glen outlet near you it might be worth going to see what they have in the Jaeger, Ralph Lauren, Hobbs outlets.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 25-Jan-17 14:01:02

Burberry outlet discount is about 30%.

MightyMunki Wed 25-Jan-17 15:50:44

Thanks for the replies. Have never heard of McArthur Glen, will check it out.

Thanks for the link, good price point but looking for something a little more flared at the bottom.

30%... hmm I grew up near the hackney outlet...might pop down and try one on just for the feel.

Whynotnowbaby Wed 25-Jan-17 15:54:18

I got a lovely one in Gap after Christmas, reduced down to £24. Don't know if they will still have any floating around but it fits your description perfectly!

Lucked Wed 25-Jan-17 15:59:50

reiss

MightyMunki Wed 25-Jan-17 18:30:44

I've heard a lot about the Gap ones, need to try them on to check the sleeves, its on my list.

Beautiful Reiss coat, it might be too classy for me.

LizzieMacQueen Wed 25-Jan-17 18:38:55

Try Jigsaw. They have classic trench coats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now