Talk

Advanced search

Charcoal toothpaste

(9 Posts)
squiz81 Wed 25-Jan-17 09:34:01

Has anyone tried activated charcoal on their teeth?...and did it work?

I have staining on my front teeth which I'd love to get rid of without having to pay out to see a hygienist.

Truckingalong Wed 25-Jan-17 10:36:51

Ecodenta is attracting a lot of attention at the moment. Lots of before n after pics showing good results. It's worth a go for £4.

moonchild77 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:40:55

It did nothing for me but my teeth aren't stained. I have seen pics of brilliant results.

ilovecherries Wed 25-Jan-17 11:01:49

I've got a bit of a black coffee habit. My dentist suggested ecodenta twice a week, in the mornings. He said not to use it more often than that because it could be quite abrasive and also didn't have fluoride. Even my sensitive teeth seem happy with that usage and I'm pleased with the result. Not super sparkly, because that's not my natural colour anyway, but certainly very clean looking - the kind of look I get after I visit the hygienist. But I still do visit the hygienist regularly as well.

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 15:07:13

White glo smokers will shift staining. Just use as and when needed

squiz81 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:39:35

Thanks for the replies I might try it then and the white glo. My staining is from tea, coffee & red wine...time to start drinking through a straw maybe!

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:41:43

Mine was from smoking and tea and it's the only thing that shifted it. Comes with a toothbrush to help as well

PearlieQueen Wed 25-Jan-17 16:49:09

It's half pice in Holland & Barrett at the moment, £2.24

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:53:42

Try Eucryl powder in homebargains or poundland, it's 99p & tastes like the powder the dentist uses on you after an inspection.

It got rid of all my stains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now