Talk

Advanced search

Hush Sample sale

(22 Posts)
inneedofaliein Wed 25-Jan-17 09:20:00

Is anyone planning to go to the Hush sample sale this week?

Or has anyone been to a previous one?

Considering going tomorrow and trying to weigh up whether it's worth the journey..

Thanks

zippyswife Wed 25-Jan-17 10:18:18

I'm on my way now. Never been before but I'll give you an update later.

29redshoes Wed 25-Jan-17 10:27:36

I was thinking of going but would have had to take eight month old DD with me and not sure if that would have worked! Will be interested to know what it's like, zippyswife.

inneedofaliein Wed 25-Jan-17 12:20:49

Ooh brilliant Zippy thanks..

I will be taking 8 day old dd2 and 3yo but dh on paternity leave so will hope to drag him along perhaps with the promise of lunch afterwards.

Would be good to be able to revive my wardrobe a bit after months of maternity clothes!

Summerholidayblues Wed 25-Jan-17 17:25:14

I have been and thought it was very good.
Queues were long at 12ish but eased off by 2pm. There was no queue to get in.
There was lots and lots of XS and S. Lots of sizes 6-10. Less 12 and 14 but still some stuff for those sizes given Hush comes up so big.
Ignore the sizes on the boxes and rummage in every box as everything is mixed up. I didn't see many of the Hush standard basics (ruched skirts, Tara dress, star jumpers and harems) but there were lots of daytime dresses (like the Laura and the Lily), lots of pyjamas, some good value knitwear and some good basic tops.
There were a few things I had bought this season (unfortunately!) but also a few things I had decided not to buy originally because of price. I got some great daytime and casual tops in particular...

Summerholidayblues Wed 25-Jan-17 17:26:34

And I saw people with babies in carriers. No prams or children but it wasn't too busy to push them round today (although children would most definitely get bored with the rummaging!!)

zippyswife Wed 25-Jan-17 18:23:13

I got there just after it opened. It was bunged and they were operating a one in one out but I didn't have to wait for long. I couldn't see much of their staples as pp had said although I did pick up a couple of ruched skirts a couple of summer dresses- I think the Tara one? There were lots of the wrap blouses which I wanted. So I bought too many! it was fairly chaotic and hectic but most people were really friendly and we were swapping our cast offs etc. Most things were £10-15. i think it's worth it but I wouldn't go with babies/children personally. Have fun!!

Swimminguphill Wed 25-Jan-17 18:53:03

Did anyone see any of the black and white plaid nightshirts?

Summerholidayblues Wed 25-Jan-17 19:07:40

Yes! But only one. I actually had it in my bag for a while but took it out when it got too full!!

Swimminguphill Wed 25-Jan-17 19:36:24

Ha! Thanks that is so useful to know x

inneedofaliein Wed 25-Jan-17 20:27:59

Thanks both summerholiday and zippy- that's really helpful.

Dh is up for finding somewhere nearby to wait with the DC so just got to hope the little one won't want feeding whilst I'm rummaging!

WicksEnd Wed 25-Jan-17 21:34:09

I got the email and sobbed a bit as I'm up north. sad V jealous envy

Beketaten Wed 25-Jan-17 21:49:18

I took a pictureof the price list.

I was there late and there was lots left, didn't see any cashmere though. Got 2 summer maxi dresses, a day dress, wool bed socks, leggings, summer scarf and a pyjama top for £50. Very pleased!

gracielooloo Wed 25-Jan-17 21:49:21

Me too Wicks, don't think I could fly in from Scotland just for the Hush Sample Sale!😂

neveradullmoment99 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:03:48

Its all soooo far away. They are always bloody far away from me. Its annoying.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:04:26

Me too wicks end. Got the email but live in Scotland so no chance.

Laska5772 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:08:38

I didnt think of going, as the email said samples I just asumed it would all be very small sizes.. I'd have had to have gone up the night before anyway as live too far away..

Beketaten Thu 26-Jan-17 12:27:35

Might actually pop back tonight, would like to see if they have put out any t-shirts or pyjamas, as didn't really see these in my size.

Looking again at what I got yesterday, I think the guy gave me a couple of the items for free!

zippyswife Thu 26-Jan-17 13:55:19

Yes I either got a couple of items thrown in or much reduced too. I thought I'd had a bit of a find with the grey v neck star fine knot jumper but when I got it home realised it has a small hole in it. So I would advise to check check check the items as it's not such a bargain if it's faulty!! I'd also say it's easy to buy more than you need/want- I bought various shades of the wrap top as I love it but probably only will keep 2 of them- there's only so much of the same thing you need!! having said this if I was closer I'd be going back for a second rummage!!

Beketaten Thu 26-Jan-17 14:30:14

Yes, and the sizing is all over the place, so you have to try everything!

Wear leggings and a vest, or at least decent underwear is always my tip, as you just have to strip off at the back. Shoes that are easy to take off also handy!

zippyswife Thu 26-Jan-17 14:44:39

Yes- was it yourself that gave me that tip! I'm glad you did. I wore tights and stripped off and tried it all on! I bought sizes from small-large for myself. As you say the sizing is all over the place!!

Beketaten Thu 26-Jan-17 17:11:05

Yes, I posted that on the other thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now