Talk

Advanced search

Are these real leather?

(5 Posts)
ThanksForAllTheFish Wed 25-Jan-17 01:13:32

Not really a style or beauty question but I figured this was the best place to ask as you ladies really know your stuff when it comes to this sort of thing.

I picked up these clarks school shoes for DD (£10 John Lewis sale bargain). The shoes are advertised as leather on the website but the symbols show uppers are both leather and coated leather? (See photo) I'm confused. Have I misread the symbols?

They are not a patent finish because then I would understand why they would use both the leather and coated leather symbol. All said and done I only paid £10 for them so I'm not too fussed about returning them. Supermarket school shoes are more expensive for manmade or coated leather but if I had paid full price (£30) then I would have been really annoyed. I rarely buy clarks these days anyway so maybe all their shoes are like this and I haven't noticed.

Melstarrynight Wed 25-Jan-17 06:11:55

Are there maybe some coated leather bits on there, like the bow or something? The symbols do suggest leather though.

Veterinari Wed 25-Jan-17 06:38:42

They're clearly marked as leather

ThanksForAllTheFish Wed 25-Jan-17 12:11:59

I was thinking perhaps it was the trims that are coated leather. It's just hard to tell when the symbols for both leather and coated leather are there. I wish the description was more specific.

Dulcimena Wed 25-Jan-17 12:24:36

They're leather. The bow is probably the coated bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now