Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a very pale foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser please!

(30 Posts)
Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 18:15:43

I am very pale and in the palest available foundation in most brands is usually far too dark for me. The only one I've found that is pale enough is the lightest Rimmel Perfect Match foundation. However, the coverage is very light and I find it doesn't stay throughout the day. I have hormonal acne to cover up so I really need a good foundation as well as concealer!

However I would also be happy with a good BB cream or tinted moisturiser that I can then layer foundation or whatever else on top.

Any suggestions for a ghostly pale person? smile

Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 18:17:56

This is me in daylight shock (Sorry for the vain selfie...)

abeandhalo Tue 24-Jan-17 18:19:52

I am pretty pale and I use the lightest Garnier BB cream & that seems to work for me.

humanfemale Tue 24-Jan-17 18:21:18

Greetings, fellow ghost! smile

Used to fork out for Bobbi Brown alabaster which was the only foundation I could find that was light enough. But have since discovered Bodyshop lightening drops which can be used to lighten slightly-too-dark (I.e. All high street) foundations. They're genius! And good value for money because I'm finally using up all my too-dark foundation mistakes smile

ChristmasEvePJs Tue 24-Jan-17 18:22:27

I am about your colour, I use este lauder double wear light daily and normal double wear for events, nights out etc.

Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 18:30:10

Thanks! I would be happy to spend a bit more if it's worth it because there's no point in me repeatedly spending £9 on 'cheap' ones that are too dark and cakey and make me look ridiculous. I might need to go to a really big Boots and get some samples. My local Boots doesn't stock a lot of counter brands and we don't have any big department stores that sell this stuff.

Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 18:31:15

That Body Shop stuff sounds genius! I've tried mixing normal foundation with moisturiser before but it doesn't really work.

HeyMacWey Tue 24-Jan-17 18:33:22

Have a look at Korean bb creams. They are very light in colour. Missha perfect cover is a good one - you could get a sample of shade 13 or 21. Have a look on ebay.

BroomstickOfLove Tue 24-Jan-17 18:35:06

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream. It is Korean, and I get mine from Amazon. It is amazing, although the coverage might be a bit too light for your needs, they have other things in the range. I use the second palest shade, and normally I struggle to find anything pale enough.

BroomstickOfLove Tue 24-Jan-17 18:35:34

Snap!

didsomeonesaywine Tue 24-Jan-17 18:36:24

I am a fellow 'lightest shade possible' person!

For full long lasting coverage try Estée Lauder double wear, or MAC studio fix. The MAC one is the more Matt finish of the two. Both come in super light shades and have perfect matches for all tones (I'm more yellow and struggle with other brands!)

They are both a bit pricey but last a long time as you don't need much for good coverage. Keep an eye out for discount codes on big department stores, there is usually 10% of somewhere!

FrustratedFrugal Tue 24-Jan-17 18:53:11

If Doublewear Light is too orange on you (it is too dark for my skin, as are most other foundations), I second Korean BB creams. Missha Perfect Cover #13 is really pale and Missha M Signature #13 is almost white. Good coverage, cheap, can warmly recommend.

If you are slightly pink-toned, Revlon Colorstay in Ivory is worth a try too, great staying power.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 24-Jan-17 18:58:38

And I am reposting my old pale foundation swatch maps (mineral Lily Lolo is also good) - I've tried lots wink

Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 19:25:12

FrustratedFrugal Thanks for sharing that... going by the photo I think the Perfect Cover 13 looks about right for my skin tone. Will see if I can order a sample online.

iemma321q Tue 24-Jan-17 19:26:22

I'm pale too. I use products by Lily Lolo. They are fab!

luckylavender Tue 24-Jan-17 19:28:02

I'm very pale & use Nivea tinted moisturiser. I found it a few years ago & have never gone back. It's so cheap too which is a bonus.

harleysmammy Tue 24-Jan-17 19:35:50

Maybe try the no7 foundation that matches to your skin? There is one that comes in three shades (light/medium/dark) so you would get the light shade and it matches to the pigmentation on your skin, so it will always be your color or you could go into a big boots store and get matched with the no7 skin matcher and it matches any no7 foundation to your skin. Ive used the one that matches to your pigmentation when i had a tan for a wedding (usually a ghost) and when i took the tan off the next day, the foundation still matched to the color of my skin, its really clever. Im also a ghost with alot of redness and have bad hormonal spots because im 26 weeks pregnant, i use the no7 stay perfect foundation and it covers everything without looking cakey. They are the only foundation that are light enough. If you want to use a bb cream or tinted moisturizer, you could use them with the collection lasting perfection concealer which literally is the most high coverage concealer ive ever used and its only £4.99. They also go ridiculously light x

GinIsIn Tue 24-Jan-17 19:38:42

The la Roche posay light bb cream is really good. Also NARS Mont Blanc foundation is great.

MorrisZapp Tue 24-Jan-17 19:43:20

I remember the 80s, endless magazine shoots of models in 'ivory' foundation.

Yet ivory on me was like smeared mud.

Flingmoo Tue 24-Jan-17 20:06:53

harleysmammy I used to use the No 7 one about 4 years ago and then they changed the shade and it was slightly too dark I think... Yes I'm 21 weeks pregnant and the hormonal acne is worse than ever! Weirdly it still seems to follow a monthly cycle hmm

Bitconfused75 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:30:09

I have vitiligo so am uber pale! I use YSL Touche Eclat in Beige Rose 10 and the lightest shade of their Ink Fusion foundation (I think that's what it's called).
Landore also do a really good pale one as do Clinique. I do a trawl of the counters and if I get a good match I normally ask for a sample - most of those above will do a sample which lasts a couple of weeks so you can try it out before spending £20-30.
YSL lasts me six months though and I use it nearly every day.

Flingmoo Wed 25-Jan-17 22:06:48

Thanks all, I have ordered Missha Perfect Cover #13 to start with - I did already read a few online reviews mentioning this one before making this thread so having seen some more positive recommendations I had to give it a try! Now I have to wait for it to arrive all the way from Korea though shock

I will definitely be trawling the counters for samples next time I'm at a proper department store to try out some of the other recommendations on here.

Funnily enough on Facebook earlier a video came up about a technology that Lancôme have invented that mixes the perfect shade of foundation for you at the actual store. Looked great but expensive and only available in a few stores in the US so not really much use for us British ghosties...

SapphireSeptember Wed 25-Jan-17 22:24:54

Fellow pasty skinned person here. I use Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory, for oily/combination skin. It looks really natural on me, but that's because of the way I apply it. I was actually surprised at how pale it is!

thethoughtfox Wed 25-Jan-17 22:29:38

Try Thataylaa beauty blogger on Youtube. She is super pale and has lots of videos testing different foundations. Revlon is good. The palest one is pale enough for me and good coverage.

CheshireChat Thu 26-Jan-17 00:38:27

Stargazer also do a white foundation and obviously it's a lot cheaper than the BS one in case you want something to lighten your current foundation before you get the Missha one. Stargazer

The No7 match thingy didn't work for me as their lightest shade (Calico) is still too dark and with a strong yellow undertone.

This is what I'm currently using, but I'm not at my palest Max Factor. It's quite matte and a tiny bit drying so not great for already dry skin though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now