Talk

Advanced search

Dridriksons- thelma sizing ?

(10 Posts)
bawabod Tue 24-Jan-17 15:46:02

Could anyone please advise me on the sizing of this coat as i am fairly broad shouldered but usually between sizes 12/14 I know this is a rain coat so will sometimes need to layer underneath Any advice appreciated as some reviews are saying they are not made so big now and are more true too size Obviously sizing has changed over the last few years so am confused Thanks

bawabod Wed 25-Jan-17 06:09:36

Anyone ?

AllTheBabies Wed 25-Jan-17 06:22:53

I got one last year. They are definitely not made big anymore. I got a 36 and I normally wear a 10. It's a good fit. Enough room for layers underneath but it's definitely not huge.

I got mine from viking kids. They were really helpful and know all their stock well so maybe email them and ask what they advise. It was also about £60 cheaper than anywhere else!

bawabod Wed 25-Jan-17 06:49:14

All the babies thank you the style looks lovely and I want a waterproof that is as good for dog walking as it is for going into the city and Thelm seem to tick the boxes smile

bawabod Wed 25-Jan-17 06:51:32

Sorry auto correct did its magic AllTheBabies

FishChipsAndBeans Wed 25-Jan-17 07:29:48

I recently bought the Lina, which is very similar to Thelma. I found the sizing very generous. I'm a size 14 and bought the coat in a 40. There's loads of room for jumpers underneath, and I probably would have been better with a 38 (but I couldn't be bothered returning it).

FishChipsAndBeans Wed 25-Jan-17 07:31:15

PS my Didrikson is much bigger than the Barbour parka style coat in size 40 - for comparison.

imjessie Wed 25-Jan-17 09:28:58

I had a Thelma ( I sold it ). I wouldn't say they are big . Made for smaller hipped women . I had a 40 I think and I'm a size 10/12

bawabod Wed 25-Jan-17 14:50:31

Thank you ladies I will order a 38 and a 40 and see how it goes I just think it's such a useful and stylish rain coat flowers

imjessie Wed 25-Jan-17 20:22:54

It looked terrible on me because I'm short . I saw a woman wearing one in Tesco and she looked effortless amazing because she had some height . That's when I sold it , I often looked like I was wearing my Mums coat!!hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now