Talk

Advanced search

Apple shape - help finding jeans that fit!

(14 Posts)
starrynight123 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:22:43

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can recommend any jeans - please not skinny jeans - that are comfortable for an apple shape?

I've got slim legs (yay!), size 12 hips and a generous size 14 tummy. All the trousers and jeans i have tried that fit on the hips and legs are so tight around the tummy that they hurt. And if the jeans fit around the tummy, they are ridiculously baggy around the hips and legs.

I usually wear Tesco F&F jeans, but all the usual ones have been out of stock for ages, and I desperately need new jeans!! I don't want to pay the earth (can't afford to), but can stretch my budget a bit for jeans that fit properly and look nice.

I've tried H&M, Topshop and Next but they just don't fit at all. Starting to feel really demoralised and low :-(

I'd really appreciate any advice.

smearedinfood Tue 24-Jan-17 15:00:20

What's your budget?

Lee have a sale. I just bought a pair I'm happy with for £50 ish pounds - I'm an apple.

I also find I quite like River Island mid waist stuff.

Also have you considered ebay when looking for old favourites as some people gain/lose weight and have a clear out.

JamieLannistersFuckButler Tue 24-Jan-17 17:41:31

Don't know if the colour or general style of these would suit your tastes, but I recently bought a second pair of these as I found them plenty roomy round a fat tummy, and flattering otherwise. They look much better than the online pictures.

The"Tummy control" is not strong enough to be uncomfortable (or indeed particularly effective - but the colour is slimming)

www.bonmarche.co.uk/jeans/embroidered-pocket-tummy-control-jean-119422.html?dwvar_119422_color=33&cgid=womens-jeans#start=28

I suppose they're aimed at the over 50s and a bit roomier round the waist compared to the hip than those aimed at younger women!

starrynight123 Thu 26-Jan-17 11:10:19

Thanks, both!

I will take a look at Lee and Bonmarche. It's so frustrating finding jeans, trousers and skirts that fit post-baby (although my LO is now 2!). I used to have a clearly defined, smaller waist compared with my hips, but these days it's completely the other way around... and no shops seem to cater for this figure, which I just don't understand because it seems to be quite a common shape.

I've spent ages searching online for recommendations, but the overall consensus is that you either continue to buy maternity clothing or get used to being uncomfortable.

Grrr!!!!

wfrances Thu 26-Jan-17 12:05:22

im an apple and wear river island molly jeggings and amelie jeans.
there was 20% off code last week with grazia .

Piffpaffpoff Thu 26-Jan-17 12:09:37

I have a big apple tummy and and these M&S ones are the only ones that I've found that work for me.

Lift and sculpt jeans straight legs

BananaPie Thu 26-Jan-17 12:18:59

I have the exact opposite problem - jeans that fit me round the hips are way too big on the waist (so I've always thought the apple shape is quite well catered for!). Have you tried gap?

massiveknickers Thu 26-Jan-17 16:13:31

Apple here.

I wear Topshop Joni which are super skinny (sorry) but amazing.

Jeans are a fucking pain to find. Good luck.

WholeL0ttaRosie Thu 26-Jan-17 16:27:30

Debenhams, but not the John Rocha ones as they are definitely for pears. I bought some this week, their own brand (£16) and also Mantaray or Jasper Conran lines. I've also had success in Matalan.

starrynight123 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:05:56

Thanks, all!

I've got a whole lot of annual leave left to take before April, so I take a day to potter around all of the shops you mention and try on jeans until something fits!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 27-Jan-17 12:40:01

Topshop Joni
I know you said you tried Topshop but did you try the Joni ?
Comes in black and in blue denim.

helenfagain Fri 27-Jan-17 12:45:40

I'm an apple shape, Sainsbury's jeans are amazing.

helenfagain Fri 27-Jan-17 12:46:35

The sizes are huge though so you will likely need to size down at least one size.

starrynight123 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:41:55

Quick update: there were - finally! - more jeans in stock in my local Tesco and I tried a pair of their high-rise slim cut jeans. They are stretchy and fit like a dream!! They were so brilliant and only £16 so I bought 2 pairs. Wish I could buy even more!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now