Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a Pixie haircut

(15 Posts)
Lovelybangers Tue 24-Jan-17 08:41:29

I saw a thread recently on the pros and cons of getting a pixie haircut. Someone was asking about growing out said hairstyle.

I am in the same postion myself - have held off any trims for a good few weeks and have been searching for styles and inspiration to keep away from the salon a little longer to let my hair grow a tad longer.

So I found this - which I thought might be useful for those of us who are trying to grow a short crop and are getting frustrated at this in between stage of mullet/Michael McIntyre style

page 1

[slightly longer now

doctorboo Tue 24-Jan-17 11:10:53

Thanks for sharing this!
It's been 4.5 months since my last cut and I need the back sorting out and the poofiness taken out of the sides. I'm not 100% sure (right this second) if I'm going back to short short or grow it out to a chin length bob, but it's encouraging to see how easy it can be.

Lovelybangers Tue 24-Jan-17 13:44:46

Mmmm it's tricky isn't it.

Mine is just a nothing style at the mo. I keep pinning it back/to the side etc buy it looks a bit strange.

CaoNiMa Tue 24-Jan-17 16:13:53

I'm currently growing out a pixie. Last time I had it cut was mid-September, and we are now at the mullet stage!

I tend to slick it all back with gel and make a small ponytail out of the mullé, as I like to call it. I reckon within another three months it'll be properly pontyailable.

The process isn't as bad as I thought, actually. I'd totally get a pixie again in the future.

doctorboo Tue 24-Jan-17 19:04:20

I feel like there's too many pics of me and my barnet on MN, but I'll post a couple more any way blush everyone's so marmite over it but I love(d) how little it needs when it's short.
I haven't missed my styling tools at all, or having to dry it every day so my head isn't a block of ice on the school run.

doctorboo Tue 24-Jan-17 19:06:06

I'm absolutely knackered and eating my own weight in junk food at the moment so please excuse the look not usually so vain

PurpleNurple69 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:44:02

I'm growing out my pixie just now. I can't stress strongly enough to visit your hairdresser once a month for the first few months and get it tidied up. This is the only way to avoid helmet head! And it'll keep it in good condition too.

PurpleNurple69 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:46:59

This is what I'm aiming for but dark and I'm almost there after only 2 months!

PurpleNurple69 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:49:05

And this is me a couple of months ago..... I don't have normal photos of me just Snapchat!

Grumpbum Tue 24-Jan-17 19:49:11

I'm at the inbetween, resembling a mushroom if I don't tuck behind ears! It's hard work but hopefully worth it!

PurpleNurple69 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:57:07

Oh what the hell, this is me now!

Lovelybangers Tue 24-Jan-17 20:30:40

Ah doctorboo mine is quite like yours.

Am currently sporting a hair grip to keep my curly wurly fringe tamed.

Patience....

Lovelybangers Tue 24-Jan-17 20:32:03

purple yours is pretty much where you need it to be if you are aiming for the blond short cut?

Nice and neat at the back.

I get DH to run the clippers up my neck grin

PurpleNurple69 Tue 24-Jan-17 21:32:42

Just need to fill those pesky ear gaps! I really don't want my hair much longer as I don't suit it and I get pissy when it's down my neck!

Lovelybangers Wed 25-Jan-17 19:47:43

Well I 'styled' my hair differently today. Instead of tucking behind my ears I straightened it and encouraged it to sit as flat as possible over my ears.

Looked much longer -and almost presentable.

Am going to leave it a few weeks then get a good shape cut in i think. No major events until mid march so can tolerate it.

Come on - grow!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now