Talk

Advanced search

Appropriate head gear for bald summer baby girls?

(8 Posts)
Waswondering Sat 24-Feb-07 19:59:32

Sadly, Vertbaudet sent me their catalogue with the 99p readybed I ordered. Alas, it is full of beautiful little outfits. And I am sorely tempted. Dd is 1 on the 1st of June, so this summer will hopefully be just finding her feet to toddle around gracefully looking like an extra from a French fashion catalogue.

But she's bald. Or at least, has only a thin coating of golden brown hair. Which is nice, but lacking in the volume front.

Many of the Vertbaudet sets come with a head scarf or similar for the baby girl, for example this . Is this "in" or "out" for baldies? It seems quite a Brethren look, but that's by the by . Obviously fashion comes first.

Honest advice appreciated . . .

NbgsYellowFeathers Sat 24-Feb-07 20:03:13

Your link goes to the home page WW.

I had 2 little head scarves when my dd was younger in fact they still fit her now and she wore them last summer. They have little flowers on and tie with a popper at the back.

I prefer them to hats tbh. They look nicer and they stay on longer too!

Waswondering Sat 24-Feb-07 20:04:45

I had wondered if they would be better than hats.

When I click on the link it goes to a "girls three piece set, Mila Blue" but I think we're talking about the same thing!

funnypeculiar Sat 24-Feb-07 20:05:40

Oh, WW dopn't need the link - those little headscarves are adorable aren't they? DD (1 next month) will be wearing one, and her hair is of the fine, fluff-type variety. I'm guessing she won't wear it for long but I'm damn well buying one...

funnypeculiar Sat 24-Feb-07 20:06:41

Can't see they're better than hats (except on the style front!) since they won't shade the face at all .. wouldn't probably use them on preperly sunny days.
I'm going to buy one and never get it on her, aren't I?!

Waswondering Sat 24-Feb-07 22:04:06

But they're stylish? Good oh!

ja9 Sat 24-Feb-07 22:10:40

very cute!

Waswondering Sat 24-Feb-07 22:17:24

phew. I just wish they hadn;t sent the catalogue and more money off vouchers.

Also pages of girly shoes - I wouldn't buy baby shoes from a catalogue, prefering them to be fitted, but oh, the opportunities.

Sigh. A reason to go back to work . ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now