Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What face make up brushes should I buy, I esp need a blusher brush

(20 Posts)
LardLizard Sun 22-Jan-17 22:25:11

And a face powder brush and maybe one to try highlighting and contouring but I've actually not tried that before

IvorHughJarrs Sun 22-Jan-17 22:29:18

Real Techniques brushes are good and not too expensive

LardLizard Sun 22-Jan-17 22:33:01

Thanks Ivor
I do have their eye brushes which I've found good

I guess I'm hoping to find a magic blusher brigs that will give me amazing cheekbones lol

NotThrowAwayMyShot Sun 22-Jan-17 22:34:38

I bought dd some real techniques brushes for Christmas & realised they were so good I bought myself a set.

Hersetta427 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:11:41

My brushes are a mixture of real techniques (the metallics range is lovely) or sigma. The f10 or f15 would suit nicely.

ChishandFips33 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:15:35

Eco tools and Real techniques here too

RT blusher brush - I was expecting better results but I think my technique needs perfecting and I need more patience I just flick it over so not surprising it's not how I envisage!

Any tutorials around??

SealSong Mon 23-Jan-17 22:15:51

Please be aware that many brushes use real animal hair such as sable or badger that are produced using cruel or fur farming methods. There are really good synthetic or bamboo make up brushes on the market if you want to buy cruelty free brushes.

AmberNectarine Mon 23-Jan-17 22:34:01

I recently acquired some Iconic Evo and Artis brushes and they are fantastic.

mumofthemonsters808 Mon 23-Jan-17 22:38:02

Another vote for Real Technique.

BubblesDarling Tue 24-Jan-17 11:35:42

Bobbie Brown blush brush is lovely, washes well, no shedding & perfect shape for the apple of the cheek.

Real Techniques powder brush is great for all over.

PopeMortificado Tue 24-Jan-17 12:24:42

What's your budget?

MAC brushes are good for slightly cheaper.

I like Laura Mercier for more expensive.

Mrs9C Tue 24-Jan-17 13:49:23

Another vote for Real Technique here.

saz9382 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:37:55

I have just bought a set of brushes by Zoeva from Cult Beauty. I read a lot of reviews and watched some youtube videos. I'm very pleased with them, my base products go on really smoothly with them.

ExplodingCarrots Tue 24-Jan-17 14:41:31

I second Zoeva. I have a range of brushes including real techniques and morphe and both brands are really good but I've been really impressed with the Zoeva brushes I've purchased recently. I got mine from Beauty Bay.

I use Make up revolution hard soap brush cleanser and it's brilliant and easy to use.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 24-Jan-17 14:55:50

I have Real Technique brushes for my face (so a couple of powder brushes, a contour brush, a blusher brush, a set of three highlight/contour brushes and another couple) then eco tools for eyes (several double ended for eyeshadow, an eyebrow brush and a gel eyeliner brush). I'd happily recommend them smile

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Tue 24-Jan-17 15:05:16

I like the Laura Mercier Blusher brush. Perfect size for my cheeks and slightly flat so that you can contour a bit with it. Soft so that it doesn't give you the full Aunt Sally but not so soft that it can't pick up colour or just smears it all over with no control.

I don't like the Real Techniques blusher brush, I find it way too big on my face. It's more of a powder or bronzer brush size.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Tue 24-Jan-17 15:08:33

I also like the Shu Uemera #20 Pony brush. Firmer and more compact than the Laura Mercier but excellent for precision work. In an ideal world, I use the shu for great for application/precision placement and the LM for blending.

pinkieandperkie Tue 24-Jan-17 15:08:35

Real Techniques here.

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Tue 24-Jan-17 15:09:21

I say 'an ideal world' because most days I can't be arsed with a 2 phase blusher application.

Haffiana Tue 24-Jan-17 17:56:41

Sigma - I use F84 with a cream blusher and I love it! - but Real technique are great too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: