Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Lumea

(10 Posts)
Tessticklesyourfancy Sun 22-Jan-17 18:44:52

I'm wondering if it's worth the £££.
I shave my legs underarms and bikini every day, always have. I hate the bristles on my legs and it makes me itch. I shave in an evening and by the following lunchtime I could easily do them again blush
Does it work well, would it just slow down the growth a bit or would there be some kind of miracle that meant I'd be able to chuck out the razor? Thanks smile

Sarahisthename Sun 22-Jan-17 19:38:09

It's changed my life. I still need to shave but regrowth is so much slower - and soft. If I don't do them fir 2 weeks they don't feel hairy , and it's not obvious. Same for underarms , bikini line doesn't last as long I don't think but soo much finer . If you can afford it go for it. Especially if you start now by summer it's great to wear a skirt without worrying about stubble

StepfauxWife Sun 22-Jan-17 19:41:28

I love mine but it's efficiency does depend on your skin tone and colour of hair. I have olive skin and dark hair so it's perfect for the Lumea. A friend with blonde hair has had less success.

FennyBridges Sun 22-Jan-17 19:43:20

Changed my life too. I have dark hair and pale-ish skin so it was perfect for me. Not hugely hairy except on lower legs and bikini line. It has REVOLUTIONISED my life. I barely shave and the hairs DO come back before 16 weeks (legs particularly stubborn for me) so it's not quite as on the box for me, but the hairs are so fine you can barely see them. Just used it tonight, and used it about 8 weeks ago (or thereabouts) and shaved maybe once in that time.

Get it. I love mine. Skin is so smooth and my bikini line has never come back!

Tessticklesyourfancy Sun 22-Jan-17 22:34:29

Sounding good grin I've got £200 of Amazon vouchers from birthday and Christmas so it would cost me around £80
I'm very pale skinned but body hair wise is pretty dark so I'm hoping it would work ok on me, very tempted to order one grin

Ilikecakes Sun 22-Jan-17 23:40:02

What's the difference please between all the different Philips models? Seems to be a large price range (around £300) between cheapest and dearest but I'm not able to work out why - a quick look at the feature comparison table doesn't help either!

FennyBridges Mon 23-Jan-17 06:04:51

Look at how many flashes it has in its life - so it'll last longer. You might have to google. And attachments. I just have two. Mine was £280 or so I think.

CakeThat Mon 23-Jan-17 06:41:03

Can I ask.. I have fair hair so it probably wouldn't work for me on my legs but would it be worth getting one just for the bikini and armpit areas? Would it still work on these places?

Tessticklesyourfancy Mon 23-Jan-17 08:24:10

I was wondering about the price difference too, the one I'd seen on Amazon is £280 and comes with two attachments but when I'd looked at Boots there were some way more expensive ones.

Peopleplease Mon 23-Jan-17 11:21:41

I juat got one in the January sales. Those of you who have one - how do you keep it straight on your leg? I'm not entirely sure if I've done an area more than once or if I've missed a bit completely! Does it kinda just average out over time??

I've just used it twice (and having to stop to deal with baby in between isn't helping me keep track!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now