Talk

Advanced search

Washing bras

(10 Posts)
Goodmum1234 Sun 22-Jan-17 15:26:09

I have invested in good bras from bravissimo of all different makes. The thing is the hand washing effort is too much and I'm too lazy....just too much on at the moment and I'd love to be able to bung them in the wash like I did in the past. Can you even though label says handwash only or will it ruin them? Alternatively, is there a safe, tried and tested, way to wash in the machine without causing any damage? Thanks

Shelvesoutofbooks Sun 22-Jan-17 15:28:40

Please don't do it. I listened to advice on how to do mine in the washing machine and effectively ruined over £300 worth of expensive bras. The easiest way to hand wash them is to wear it in the shower and wash it as you shower. Have been told this by several fitters and it works.

Goodmum1234 Sun 22-Jan-17 15:31:30

Thank you, great idea! Yes, I think I knew it would ruin them but was hoping for a miracle.

FlyMeToTheSpoon Sun 22-Jan-17 16:37:06

Wow what a great tip! I'm definitely going to try this.

Liiinoo Sun 22-Jan-17 16:48:50

I also wear Bravissimo bras. I do a short machine wash at 40 (in a net bag), then dry on an airer and have never had any problems. They seem to last about 18 months which I think is reasonable considering the enormous load they have to support.

user1471446905 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:50:01

I have this stuff from Rigby and pellet. It is fab, you literally fill the sink, soak them for mins and then hang up, no faffing with rinsing etc

www.rigbyandpeller.co.uk/Soak_Wash.html

Floisme Sun 22-Jan-17 16:56:02

I buy bravissimo bras and I wash them in a pillow case on the delicate cycle. They last about a year (which I believe is longer than you're supposed to wear them anyway). I don't doubt that they'd last even longer with proper handwashing but frankly, at my time of life, I've got other things to do.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 22-Jan-17 17:00:32

I have Rigby & Peller lingerie too. The wash liquid was great for the bras but for me, not so great for the matching undies.

I put them in a bra net and wash together with the undies on a 30 minute delicate wash. Then I air dry on a clothes airer.

Never had a problem yet.

Shame as I loved the smell of the R&P wash.

Madbengalmum Sun 22-Jan-17 17:05:43

I have a wash bag for delicates it is padded and put it in the machine, works a treat.

FlopsyisaRabbit Sun 22-Jan-17 17:11:03

I put mine in a pillow case in a normal colours wash at 40 degrees. Never had a problem. Last for years - one of them has been going for 5+! All from Bravissimo - various makes. I only wear matching sets and clean on every day so all get washed about once a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now