Talk

Advanced search

Need something to make my pale, tired face look better! Going shopping this morning - any suggestions please?

(21 Posts)
Trickymoments Sun 22-Jan-17 10:32:17

Hi, I'm 42 and my skin is pale & becoming drier. Without make up I look really tired & washed out. I want to have a healthy glow. I've looked online but there are so many products I don't know what to go for.
I prefer a natural look & I like the idea of something I can sweep over my whole face to look healthy but not glittery or too bronzed.

I have a Debenhams voucher and don't mind spending it on make
up as long it does the job and is worth the money. I'm going shopping this morning.

Please could anyone suggest something out of the vast range of
products?

domesticslattern Sun 22-Jan-17 10:37:21

Have a try of Bobbi Brown nude finish illuminating powder.

madmomma Sun 22-Jan-17 12:18:40

Chanel do a beautiful powder in a white compact that does exactly what you're after. Can't remember the name of it but it's Fab. Makes skin look even and awake but without a 'bronzed' look.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sun 22-Jan-17 12:20:12

Benefit Dandelion - from corpse to almost human in one easy sweep.

Kazplus2 Sun 22-Jan-17 12:57:56

Sounds similar to my skin. A good moisturiser is essential and just a bit of blusher and mascara should do it. Add in a concealer if you have shadows under your eyes (like I do!).

Rainbowglow Sun 22-Jan-17 12:59:48

Have a good look at your skincare routine. Also if you are very pale and dry your diet may be lacking. In terms of make up products I always think a good natural bronzer, an illuminating product and cream blush work wonders.

Beautifullymixed Sun 22-Jan-17 13:13:13

Hourglass ambient powder palette, or far more economical, the elf illuminating palette.
Both will give a beautiful glow, without drying out the skin.

Or an illuminating primer. I hear loreal do one with good reviews, can't remember the name, sorry. I have no need for these, as I would glow brighter than any star with my oily skin. I do love a good primer though, and it's essential before my foundation.

This garnier primer is a very moisturising one, that I use when my skin is dehydrated and flaky. It seems to brighten and blur my skin.

Destinysdaughter Sun 22-Jan-17 14:45:57

I like origins vitazing, I use it under my foundation and it gives me a bit of a glow. Is not cheap tho!

ihatethecold Sun 22-Jan-17 14:54:00

watching with interest, I have olive skin and in summer look quite healthy but winter makes me look sallow with dark circles under my eyes.

I use LE tinted moisturiser but its not enough in winter.
I feel like i'm layering it to get a healthy looking base.

wakemewhenitssummer Sun 22-Jan-17 14:58:54

I'm a big fan of this
https://www.clarins.co.uk/radiance-plus-golden-glow-booster/C040101006.html, if you only use 1-2 drops alternate days you get a healthy glow rather than a tan.
A tiny bottle lasts for ages.

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 22-Jan-17 15:10:14

Chanel Les Beiges powder.

bingohandjob Sun 22-Jan-17 15:14:06

I'm pale and use Benefit Dallas - It's great to give a bit of oomph in the winter.

ihatethecold Sun 22-Jan-17 20:47:31

Thanks Wakeme
I've ordered the Clarins product. smile

MorrisZapp Sun 22-Jan-17 20:50:31

So all these illuminating powders etc, can they go on bare skin or do they need foundation under them?

ihatethecold Mon 23-Jan-17 06:44:06

Personally I would wear foundation or tinted moisturiser underneath.

Destinysdaughter Mon 23-Jan-17 08:43:41

Did you get anything yet OP?

HeyMacWey Mon 23-Jan-17 09:34:08

@ihatethecold - let me now how you get on with the drops. Fellow olive tone here and look distinctly off colour in the winter.

ihatethecold Mon 23-Jan-17 10:39:04

will do smile

Petal02 Mon 23-Jan-17 13:31:14

The tiniest touch of facial self tanner might be just what you need, I'm a fan of the clarins product recommended up-thread. I tend to need colour rather than coverage.

ihatethecold Sat 28-Jan-17 17:17:35

My Clarins radiance glow arrived today.
Got 3 free samples with it! 👍🏻

Grittzio Sat 28-Jan-17 17:35:43

Just ordered Clarins Radiance,could be just what I need, can't wait for it to arrive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now