Talk

Advanced search

Blue shampoo

(10 Posts)
Brillenbar Sun 22-Jan-17 10:13:12

Have gone quite a bit blonder with a few bleach highlights for the first time in years. Please can I have your recommendations for blue or purple shampoos? My hair is quite dry and my scalp temperamental and I am reluctant to fork out the. 50 odd quid for aveda blue malva which is what they used at the salon because ime aveda irritates my scalp terribly after 2 or 3 washes. Thanks all

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Sun 22-Jan-17 10:28:41

Blue shampoos are quite irritating ime. I like the Pureology Platinum one (sulphate and all that free). I don't use it every wash because it would cause me scalp issues and dry my hair out (they all do but this one is the best for me) but I use it once a week or so and Philip Kingsley no scent, no colour in between.

Truckingalong Sun 22-Jan-17 10:59:26

JFGI.

babyboyHarrison Sun 22-Jan-17 11:07:44

i like the Fudge one.

justaweeone Sun 22-Jan-17 11:17:23

I don't use a shampoo but do use this
I tend to just add a small squirt and mix with my normal conditioner every second day
Leave for a few minutes then rinse
http://m.lookfantastic.com/l-oreal-professionnel-serie-expert-vitamino-cc-cream-150ml/11118456.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&thgppccampaign=71700000008970312&gclid=CK-HzIfQ1dECFUUq0wodsXMKdw&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLu19YfQ1dECFUxnGwodeg4BIg

TimTamTerrier Sun 22-Jan-17 11:22:53

I only use a blue shampoo once a week (for my grey hair), you don't need it every day. I do use Aveda (and I use Aveda Pure Abundance for the other washes), I got the Blue Malva quite cheaply from LookFantastic. They have a litre for £33 and you can get another 15% off using the code on the home page.

katronfon Sun 22-Jan-17 11:30:38

I like the fudge one too

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 22-Jan-17 11:32:33

I love the Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde shampoo, £6, Boots. It's one of the few that doesn't dry out my hair and leaves a nice shine. I find purple toner shampoos more flattering on blonde hair than the blue ones.

My tip would be to use it a toner instead of a shampoo, especially if your scalp is sensitive. Wash hair with your usual shampoo then squeeze out excess water and apply the purple shampoo, concentrating on your highlights, no need to rub into your scalp. Leave for a minute, rinse and condition as usual.

I use it every other wash.

Brillenbar Sun 22-Jan-17 13:30:20

I'm going to give the cc cream a go that small the least likely to go wrong

Thank you all for your help mum sent is just great smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Jan-17 13:53:56

Pro:Voke Touch of Silver maybe? Its purple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now