Talk

Advanced search

I bought these boots as loved them but what to wear with them?

(11 Posts)
Weebleswobbles Sat 21-Jan-17 18:09:00

These in conker brown - i they are lovely but I've never had brown. Lots before - other than blue skinny jeans what can I wear with them---- and what colours? I'm hopeless at styling

http://www.tedandmuffy.com/womens-boots/mid-calf/black-leather/standpoint/TMB71158.html?dwvarTMB711588_color=2

ChishandFips33 Sat 21-Jan-17 18:20:35

They're lovely!

What sort of things/colours do you wear now? What you don't want to end up doing is buying a new wardrobe to go with your boots!

I wear my brown boots with greys, khaki, plum/burgundy, skinnies (inc black depending on what I'm wearing on the top half/what activity I'm doing - I have docs in brown, smart boots in brown, ankle boots etc for different occasions) thick tights with skirts/dresses of a variety of colours

piefacerecords Sat 21-Jan-17 19:24:47

You can wear them with anything! I treat tan as a neutral smile

GVmama Sat 21-Jan-17 21:07:53

Love them! Similar to the Ecco Elaine boots I bought recently, they're so warm and they look good too.
I wear mine with slim fit or skinny jeans, or leggings and a skirt (just above the knee).
Brown goes with most things, they look like a great buy.

Weebleswobbles Sun 22-Jan-17 09:06:40

Thanks for sharing how you style brown boots. I'm fairly comfortable on jeans/leggings but break into a tizz when trying to put them with a dress - specifically what colour tights?

ChishandFips33 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:30:39

I wear my ankle boots with grey tights, below knee smart ones with brown or grey.

Knitted rights come in more shades of brown/taupe and can be subtly patterned which livens up a plainer outfit

I also have teal tights (please bring them back tesco!) and have worn a grey pinafore dress and my brown ankle boots with it when my grey boots were in getting healed

I like this look

Pestilence13610 Sun 22-Jan-17 16:57:45

Any colour you like. What colours are in your favourite tops and scarves?

ChishandFips33 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:14:44

13610 fab link!
I'm liking the mustard ones grin
Do bamboo tights get itchy/prickly?

I have some wooly type ones and after sitting for a while they start to prickle - drives you nuts!!

Pestilence13610 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:32:50

Really soft to wear. I have some grey and lichen ones.

ChishandFips33 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:40:25

Thanks! Have found grey ones hard to find

Pestilence13610 Sun 22-Jan-17 20:44:25

They do two greys.
Carbon is a taupe/ grey.
Charcoal is a slightly blue/grey.
With the brown boots, you want carbon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now