Talk

Advanced search

8hr cream - what is it good for??

(15 Posts)
Flisstizzy Sat 21-Jan-17 12:48:14

I was given a tube of Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream, and I dont really know what to be using it for. What is it good for? Is it a posh Vaseline?

LoupGarou Sat 21-Jan-17 12:54:01

Its an excellent overnight hand and foot cream, great lip balm and I have even sometimes used it as face cream if I'm going to be outside for extended periods in winter (we live in the Arctic). I have extremely dry skin and it works wonders. I also rub it into the pads of the dog's paws so she doesn't suffer in the ice/snow. Great nail and cuticle moisturizer too, I love the stuff!

applesandpears33 Sat 21-Jan-17 12:59:00

I get very dry patches on my face and it is great on them.

Ifonlyiweretaller Sat 21-Jan-17 15:41:30

I cant stand it. Expensive vaseline in my opinion, and I cant bear the taste if i put it on my lips. I've never understood the hype personally...

Gillybobs Sat 21-Jan-17 15:46:15

I loathed it but have found a use for it as a foot cream (far far away from my nasal passages) , it honks!!

VintagePerfumista Sat 21-Jan-17 16:20:27

Yes, rubbed it on my hard skin on my heels, but for the rest, meh.

It's strange smelling gloppy Vaseline.

woodhill Sat 21-Jan-17 16:31:57

Good if you get a sore nose with a cold.

dudsville Sat 21-Jan-17 16:40:07

I've had some for far too long as I don't use it often. I will however, thanks to this thread, do my feet and hands before bed. I tend to only think of using it for sore nose like pp said. BeWare though. It once blocked a poor on an inside but visible place (I don't know words for nose parts!) and it took months to work out how to get rid of it.

CannotEvenDeal Sat 21-Jan-17 16:41:33

Hands, feet and elbows lol

Doobigetta Sat 21-Jan-17 18:01:28

If you get sunburn (yeah, yeah, I know) it is fucking amazing. Might not work on proper full-on burn, but if you get a little bit pink, if you slather 8 hour cream on overnight the pinkness and tightness will go by the morning.

Shukinskaya Sat 21-Jan-17 20:05:47

I've only ever found it useful if shoes rub, but it works so well for this I repurchase! Rub it on the minute shoes start to rub and it stops blisters forming.

AmeliaPeabody Sat 21-Jan-17 20:25:49

It is really, yes. I use it as an occasional night cream, lip balm, and for hands.

Flisstizzy Mon 23-Jan-17 22:57:06

Thanks everyone, currently using on a very dry patch left by roseacea (helps but not cleared it up).
dudsville the nose thing sounds sore- will have to try to avoid that!

Elfontheedge Mon 23-Jan-17 23:11:06

All of the above plus I get mild eczema on my elbows it really helps with that. Just don't lean your elbows on a table when you've just applied or you slide right off!

YerDaSellsAvon Sat 04-Feb-17 00:17:53

I used a sample of this on my newborns nappy rash. Cleared it right up. I went and bought a tub from TJ Hughes to use for any further outbreaks. Each time this bloody miracle in a tube worked. Which I'm glad about as it was useless for me. (Takes an eternity to sink in).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now