Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help! Emergency wedding outfit!

(6 Posts)
PaperdollCartoon Sat 21-Jan-17 10:36:57

I'm going to a wedding today, I've known since 10pm last night! Seriously mother, thanks for dropping the ball on that one one! (The invite went to her, not me, she vaguely mentioned it in the summer and then it was somehow completely forgotten by all. DDad is away and DP has to work so only the two of us going as well - utter mess)

Anyway - I have a nice dress (navy with a yellow and pink print) but can I wear navy tights and black shoes or do I need to rush out and get skin coloured tights? I'd never usually wear navy tights and black shoes together. Help!

PaperdollCartoon Sat 21-Jan-17 10:41:51

Actually I have some lower navy heels... navy heels/navy tights too much?

jeaux90 Sat 21-Jan-17 10:43:00

I'm not keen on navy tights with black shoes either but it depends on the shoes and dress it can look quite funky.

Have you tried it all on together? I like navy and black but it really does depend.

jeaux90 Sat 21-Jan-17 10:44:16

Navy tights and navy shoes will be fine as long as they are really navy! Post a pic if you really aren't sure and want an opinion. I do navy tights and navy suede boots and it looks great x

PaperdollCartoon Sat 21-Jan-17 10:53:00

Crisis averted! I've found some skin coloured tights at the back of a drawer. There's a ladder at the top but it'll be hidden by the dress.
What a palaver.

jeaux90 Sat 21-Jan-17 13:31:11

grin hope you have a fun time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: