Talk

Advanced search

Bra measurements - confused

(8 Posts)
Abbielove Sat 21-Jan-17 08:01:36

I've been wearing a 34b for as long as I can remember even though I've fluctuated in weight by a stone or so over the years.
Anyway most of my bras don't fit well anymore and my boobs kind of sit in the bottom of the cups blush
So I googled how to measure bra sizes with 3 different websites and they've all come back saying I should be 32c!! I don't understand why they are giving me a bigger cup size when a b is too big anyway?!
Am I doing it wrong?!

NicknameUsed Sat 21-Jan-17 08:06:12

Yes. Measure under your boobs to get the band size, and over them to get the cup size. The size of the cup on a 34B is the same as the cup on a 32C, and the same as the cup on a 30D.

Abbielove Sat 21-Jan-17 11:49:48

I've measured again and it's come as 32b which sounds more realistic!

SorrelForbes Sat 21-Jan-17 11:51:04

OK, can you measure following the guidance on here?

Minimincepies Sat 21-Jan-17 17:29:09

Join the Boob or Bust Facebook page, I went from wearing a 36F to a 32H based on their advice and it's SO much better!

Fozzleyplum Sat 21-Jan-17 21:39:58

SorrelForbes, that link is interesting. I've always wondered if I'm measuring correctly when I read the Mumsnet bra intervention threads. I measure a scant 32" underbust, and exactly 36" at the widest part (over a bra or braless and leaning forwards). By bra intervention standards, I should therefore need a 32D.however, my Lise Charmel 34Cs fit very well ,and every time I've tried a 32 in the past it's felt pinchy.

I have a scrawny ribcage, with no excess flesh to pinch; the link suggests that that is why I might need a bigger back size than the intervention method suggests. Have you come across this before? (Apologies for hijack!).

hollinhurst84 Sat 21-Jan-17 21:45:54

People with little excess can need a bigger band. I'm a size 16 and wear a 34 band but can drop to a 32 in some styles (and I measure 35!)

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-Jan-17 08:39:24

When I first started wearing a 28 band it felt too tight, now it doesn't & my straps don't fall down every 30 seconds.

Also I don't get backache anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now