Talk

Advanced search

Growing out a pixie (40+ year old)

(7 Posts)
Sleeperandthespindle Fri 20-Jan-17 21:25:33

I might be considering growing out a short pixie cut. Won't ever have long hair, but maybe some kind of chin length bob would work.

Any ideas for in between styles? Hair is wavy and must be low maintenance.

MadisonAvenue Fri 20-Jan-17 21:44:31

I've done this over the last year, starting last February, although mine is quite straight.
I've just let it grow out but have had the back trimmed regularly (lengthwise) until the sides have caught up, therefore I've not been left with a mullet. I've messed it up with product and clipped the fringe back when necessary and it's not really looked too bad at any stage. It's now an almost shoulder length bob, myself and my hairdresser are surprised at how quickly it's grown.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 21-Jan-17 01:15:15

Sleeper I have the Pixie/Wavy Combo and if you find the answer, I will take notes ...
I have gone from cropped to collarbone bob (I had very short hair when I was pg with DD) but my hair seems even wavier now (15 years on) and grey.

I cannot go through the 'tween' phase, I can't remember how I did it last time, but I could blame my scruffy appearance back then on being a mum of 2 under 3 .
I'm actually going for my regular crop tomorrow (5 weeks) , it's driving me demented.

Sleeperandthespindle Sat 21-Jan-17 09:13:15

I've had very short hair for decades, sometimes with a bit more length (when I got married i had a curly style). Most of the curl left me when I had DD (she has real curls). Really short crop works best for my hair, but probably not for my face anymore!

I want to avoid the Princess Diana look and feel a bit like a lego-man when it gets any length to it. My hairdresser is good with crops but I'll talk to her today about alternatives.

Sleeperandthespindle Sat 21-Jan-17 09:13:50

I feel a bit old for hairslides and accessories that would help with the tween phases.

MadisonAvenue Sat 21-Jan-17 13:55:10

I just used a grip to hold my fringe back and hid it underneath hair.

Iamtheresurrection Sat 21-Jan-17 14:18:31

Second the grips idea. Boots have a grips in different colours. I'm growing mine out, did it a few years ago and relied on grips to keep it looking reasonably tidy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now