Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Have you seen a dress similar to ...

(9 Posts)
OutComeTheWolves Fri 20-Jan-17 16:21:17

So this River Island dress popped up on my Instagram feed a little while back & I screen shot it with a view to buy it for an upcoming hen do (with a black dress code).

I didn't get around to it until today (hen do is next weekend) and now I've found it's no longer in stock. I've pretty much spent most of my day trawling eBay and Facebook selling sites looking for something similar. I feel like I've now officially wasted my day. So in a last ditch attempt to salvage something, I'm asking here, has anybody seem anything similar (i.e. short, black, bell sleeves) in a shop recently and can you please tell me where!

OutComeTheWolves Fri 20-Jan-17 16:37:35

No just noticed my spelling failure it the title. Will try and get that amended.

FeralBeryl Fri 20-Jan-17 16:42:11

There seem to be plenty of similar dresses on their website at the moment - short, black, bell sleeves etc. Are any of those not taking your fancy?
Is it stocked in any branches? I will have look tomorrow if so - what size?

OutComeTheWolves Sat 21-Jan-17 08:20:55

Thanks feral most of the ones I've seen on the website are fit & flare which doesn't really suit me. I haven't actually looked in store yet - am heading into town today to try that. It's a size 12 if you happen to come across one!

burnishedsilver Sat 21-Jan-17 08:34:55

Pwrhaps phone ahead and try a few branches.

burnishedsilver Sat 21-Jan-17 08:35:46

Ahhhh, this keyboard is too small.

NewPantsforaNewYear Sat 21-Jan-17 13:02:50

Any good?
m.asos.com/ax-paris/ax-paris-lace-up-front-dress-with-bell-sleeves/prd/6951042?iid=6951042&clr=Black&SearchQuery=Bell%20sleeve&pgesize=14&pge=0&totalstyles=14&gridsize=2&gridrow=7&gridcolumn=1

Talisin Sat 21-Jan-17 23:43:55

This one?

OutComeTheWolves Sun 22-Jan-17 08:01:28

Ooh I like both of those asos dresses. I went into town yesterday and my local RI had loads of that dress still in stock and pretty much the first thing you see as you go in, so I should've just done that first!

Anyway the dress is made from a sort of cheap t shirt material and was a weird length so unsurprisingly I didn't look like the Instagram model it didn't suit me. I now have a week and a tiny budget to find something else.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: