Talk

Advanced search

Perfume Parlour - any good recommendations?

(17 Posts)
SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 14:38:28

I bought a couple of small bottles on the recommendation of a MN thread, but they're not quite what I was hoping for. I like citrusy-type things or fresh scents - anyone bought anything good from there? I'm a bit hmm about some of the reviews, some of them don't ring quite true grin

JanetStWalker Fri 20-Jan-17 18:17:30

The Neroli Portofino knock off is rather good, I have the roll on oil and it lasts all day long.

Cheesymonster Fri 20-Jan-17 18:18:34

I bought the one that's supposed to be like Issey Miyake in a rollerball. I think you can search for smells/notes - try typing citrus in the search box.

strawberryblondebint Fri 20-Jan-17 18:29:17

Dove is amazing. If you like the smell of dove. The tom ford Jasmin rouge is lovely too

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 18:46:06

Great - thanks for the suggestions smile I typed in citrus and has a look at the lime, basil and mandarin one from Jo Malone. There were a few generic 'this one is great' type reviews as one which said it smelled Iike lime pickle,which didn't really inspire me to buy!

Truckingalong Fri 20-Jan-17 20:33:16

All the Tom ford ones.

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 20:44:00

Does Tom Ford do one which is citrusy/fresh smelling?

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 20-Jan-17 20:49:04

The jo Malone lime basil and mandarin one is awful! I smell like kitchen cleaner when I'm wearing it.

Search by note as a pp said. I love the Tom ford knock offs but none are citrusy, not that I've got anyway. I think Tom ford fragrances tend to be heavier.

The jo Malone Thai lime and cedars is beautiful.

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 21:00:07

Lime and cedar sounds lovely- will give that a go smile There's a note that I'm trying to remember to name of and can't for the life of me think what it is - I thought it was vetiver but that seems to appear in the men's fragrances

lorelairoryemily Fri 20-Jan-17 21:05:48

Dkny woman is lovely fresh and citrussy!

lorelairoryemily Fri 20-Jan-17 21:06:23

Is it verbena you're thinking of op?

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 21:10:28

Yes - verbena!!! Thank you so much, that's been driving me nuts!

Will add that one to my list lorel smile

twilightcafe Fri 20-Jan-17 21:12:38

My personal recommendations

Hits
Neroli Portofino
Chanel No 5
JM Nutmeg and Ginger
Dove
Camay soap
JM Lime Blossom

Misses
JM Red Roses
JM Blackberry and Bay

lorelairoryemily Fri 20-Jan-17 21:15:40

My pleasure op!!grin

lorelairoryemily Fri 20-Jan-17 21:16:38

Ooh l'occitane do a fab perfume verbena and something... It's gorgeous really fresh and fruity

lorelairoryemily Fri 20-Jan-17 21:18:30

Here it is

SirChenjin Fri 20-Jan-17 21:31:27

They have that L'occitane one - thanks for the suggestion! I've added your suggestions to my list too twilight - they look brilliant smile Now off to spend some money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now