Talk

Advanced search

If you are 5ft 3ish..

(53 Posts)
PeanutJuice Fri 20-Jan-17 11:13:33

What do you weigh, what is your body shape and what style or cut of clothes do you feel best in?

I'm struggling to loose my mum tum post baby so am more of a barrel shape now but with large breasts and hips but skinny legs. I am lost!

FrankAndBeans Fri 20-Jan-17 12:09:28

I weigh 10st 14lbs but am 9 months PP and still in the middle of losing. I am an hour glass with a very large bust (KK) but a size 10 everywhere else.
I live in jeans for comfort, only skinny ones with form fitting tops but I look best in skirt/dresses. I have to have form fitting stuff or I look like a blob with my boobs. I'd love to be able to wear peasant blouses and stuff but it's not meant to be! Not sure if any of that was helpful for you.

ellalouise123 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:15:00

I am 5'3, not sure what I weigh right now but the Dr tells me my BMI is too high for my height. I'm a size 12 (sometimes a 14 top because i have 34F boobs). I struggle with jeans/trousers. Currently looking for some casual slim black trousers that don't look like joggers - any recommendations would be great.

Things that suit me - dresses. Especially tea dresses/wrap dresses in a fit and flare style. I also prefer things with 3/4 length sleeves that are nipped in at the waist. I have big boobs and a big bum but a small waist. I used to hide in oversized everything but realised it just made me look twice the size. So now I try to make sure I wear something more fitted. A chunky boot also seems to look flattering on me and usually makes my legs look slimmer and me look slimmer and taller in general as they force me to walk upright and not slouch.

PNGirl Fri 20-Jan-17 12:15:22

I don't know what I weigh - probably about 11 stone? I'm an hourglass 12 with fairly broad shoulders, a 30 waist and a 34DD/32E.

I look best in dresses with a waist, skinny jeans and a slightly looser top, or cropped trousers, fittedish top and a jacket.

Weebleswobbles Fri 20-Jan-17 12:19:34

Currently on a major lifestyle change to get me where I should be. I had a body analysis done recently and shock

MsStricty Fri 20-Jan-17 12:25:21

I'm 5'3" and just over 9 stone, and size anywhere between 8 and 12 depending on the store, but usually a 10. Boobs smallish. I'm an hourglass, but tending towards pear. I find tailored clothes best because otherwise I look shapeless and swamped. Jeans/trousers: I prefer skinny, or flare as a second choice. Few dresses, but if so then shorter, and nipped in at the waist.

ATailofTwoKitties Fri 20-Jan-17 12:35:07

It's eye-opening how different people can be, despite having the same-ish BMI.

I'm 5 ft 3 and just under 9 stone, but need to buy up to size 14 tops. I don't even have much bust, just really wide shoulders.

Not sure what 'suits', really. I just live in jeans.

PuntCuffin Fri 20-Jan-17 12:42:28

About 8.5 stone. I have a very slight bone structure so this is actually overweight. 8 stone would be better but I can't seem to shift the surplus which is not a lot in absolute terms but a relatively large proportion of total. I am currently just about an 8, having always been a 6 until I hit 40. No idea what suits me, I live in jeans and big jumpers to cover the excess. Size 10 swamps me though.

FlyWaxSleepRepeat Fri 20-Jan-17 12:45:45

I'm about 7 stone 12lbs, size 6-8 (depending on shop), 30E boobs, 26/27 inch waist.

I like skinny jeans and quite fitted tops as anything floaty or baggy swamps me. Dresses are always nipped right in at the waist or quite fitted on top and then flared, skater dresses or 50's style suit me best.

Today I'm wearing this with a black polo neck top underneath, black tights and biker boots.

Afishcalledchips Fri 20-Jan-17 12:47:51

I'm 5"3 and a half and I weigh about 10st 8lb. On my body shape this weight looks quite look dumpy and frumpy. I'm trying to lose some weight, I'd like to be about 9st 8lb.

I mostly wear dresses with leggings and cardigans - the dresses are mostly pulled in/fitted a bit around the waist so I don't look like I'm wearing a sack. Or I'll wear skinny/slim black jeans with looser tops - but not super baggy tops, because otherwise I look like a ball on a stick grin

HumberFisherGermanBight Fri 20-Jan-17 12:48:10

Just under 8st.

I'm athletic build, although used to have a 25 inch waist but had a baby 6 weeks ago and it's now 27 inches. Even though I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight.

FelixFelix Fri 20-Jan-17 12:50:17

I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 12st 6. Size 14. I have a very hourglass shape so things which are nipped in at the waist suit me best. I wear a lot of high waisted skirts with a tee tucked in and tights/boots, or the same with a dress. Struggle with jeans as my waist is much smaller than my hips/thighs.

Pinotwoman82 Fri 20-Jan-17 12:51:01

I'm about 9 stone 3, I tend to live on skinny jeans, jumpers or t shirts. I've brought a few lipsy jumper dress type things and hoping to change style a bit teaming up with tights and heeled boots.
In the summer I love nice dresses and flip flops.
Trying to lose a few pounds on time for spring

GinAndOnIt Fri 20-Jan-17 12:56:34

I'm 5'3 and a half and weigh 8 stone. I have fairly small boobs at a 30D and a short torso with long legs. Veering towards a pear. My absolutely gorgeous curvy Armenian friend says I'm the miniature version of her grin

I like to wear tighter things on bottom with loose on top. I tend to wear longer tops to try and even out the balance between body and legs, and I just don't really like the look of tight clothing on top and bottom - a bit like the rule of only showing legs or cleavage, not both.

I also have a little bit of a tum so I prefer things that loosely skim over it so I don't have to sit up straight!!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 20-Jan-17 12:56:50

I'm 5'3 not sure what I weigh. I'm a 8-10 and a GG cup size. I have a mum Tim which is annoying as I have to wear fitted tops because of my boobs. I generally wear jeans and a tight top or leggings and an oversized sweater. Going out I wear bodycon dresses or a pencil skirt and top.

threelittlerapscallions Fri 20-Jan-17 13:00:29

Leggings/tights with short denim skirt, leggings with long jumpers, lots of leggings!!

Am around 9 stone, usually size 10 or sometimes 12. Am slim but have always had chunky legs hence the black leggings!!!

TowerRingInferno Fri 20-Jan-17 13:07:50

Weight just under 9 stone, I think (rarely weigh myself). Tiny boobs, big arm muscles.

Look best in shortish skirts and tights but rarely wear them as they're too cold and impractical (I lead a generally muddy life). Usually wear jeans. Size 10.

youlittlecharmer Fri 20-Jan-17 13:14:45

5'3, 10 stone 2 but currently dieting as much more comfortable in the 9 bracket. Have never (as an adult) been lighter than around 9st 2.
I'm an hourglass, 36-27-38, with 32E boobs and build muscle quite quickly I think but am all over a bit podgy at the moment so just look stocky.
Dress size 10, mostly wear fit and flare dresses with tights and boots, or skinny jeans with looser top. Or tunics and leggings. Tbh I find it much easier in summer when I can just throw on a dress and sandals every day!

FishlessCake Fri 20-Jan-17 13:17:06

I'm 31 size 8-10 weigh around 8st 7. Live in dresses/ skirts with tights (literally own one pair of jeggings) and summer dresses when it's warm. I look far smaller than I weigh as I'm a small build with size 3 feet.

NatalieRushman Fri 20-Jan-17 13:20:11

I'm a smidgen over 5'3 (by smidgen I mean half an inch) and 7 stone 10. Size 4-6, and rarely wear anything loose. I mostly live in dresses with nipped in waists, well fitted. I rarely, if ever, wear trouses or jeans. I never wear midi skirts either; they swamp me.

tootssweet Fri 20-Jan-17 13:23:02

I'm about 9st 8 & wear size 10-12. Mostly jeans & hoodies at the moment! I have recently lost about 2 1/2 stone & toned up from going out running so I'm not sure what size I am.
Am watching for some inspiration!

hellsbellsmelons Fri 20-Jan-17 16:16:54

Currenty 10st 8lbs.
Not good at all.
Size 12's fit me well.
Losing weight now and doing well.
I like to be around 9st 6lbs and am usually size 8-10 at that weight.
I will be there soon!

Eve Fri 20-Jan-17 16:20:47

All of you that wear wrap dresses or with waists where do you get them?

FlyWaxSleepRepeat Fri 20-Jan-17 16:52:34

Oasis and Warehouse are my 'go to' for day dresses.

Autumnchill Fri 20-Jan-17 16:59:26

5'3 and as of this morning 11.6 and I'm a size 14. Been calorie counting since New Year and lost 8lbs o far 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now