Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

School shoes and trainers for extra wide feet?

(16 Posts)
SooDeNimm Thu 19-Jan-17 22:08:57

Can anyone recommend any brands/shops for my wide footed DS who is 11 and size 5?

Clarks don't make shoes wide enough. Nikes and Adidas are too narrow.

He's managed to get in a pair of DC skate style trainers and some Sainsbo's school shoes but they only lasted about two weeks, they're crap! Next extra wide are no good.

So can anyone help?

SooDeNimm Fri 20-Jan-17 15:10:58

Anyone?

KatherinaMinola Fri 20-Jan-17 15:47:19

I have wide feet and I find Puma the most comfortable. I'm not a boy though!

FlyWaxSleepRepeat Fri 20-Jan-17 16:56:42

My DS is the widest fit in Clarks shoes.

He likes these Airwalk trainers for weekends, he's tried loads of brands and says they're the only trainers that feel wide enough and don't pinch his toes.

LizzieMacQueen Fri 20-Jan-17 16:59:01

Not useful for now but M&S do a good range of black extra wide shoes from size 6 and up.

LumelaMme Fri 20-Jan-17 17:01:50

To keep in mind for later:
www.widerfitshoes.co.uk
Their men's shoes start at about a 6.5.

I have to use their ladies shoes for DD who is completely off the Clark's scale, and evidently part hobbit.

llangennith Fri 20-Jan-17 17:07:06

DGS age 9 is also size 5 and in widest (H) Clarks shoes. Geoxx come up wide. Trainers and football and rugby boots generally have to be a size or half size larger. Not ideal but it's the best we can do.
Walking boots etc are Merrills. They come up wider than most.

CMOTDibbler Fri 20-Jan-17 17:16:34

My Ds is a high arched H fit, and is currently wearing start rite rhino shoes (size 7, and he's 10). Out of school, he has extra wide New Balance trainers which fit really well, and I found heavily discounted online

JDSTER Fri 20-Jan-17 17:19:29

I was also going to suggest start right for scho shoes My son is an H fitting

myrtleberry Fri 20-Jan-17 17:41:43

My son, high arched H fit, had startrite Dylan school shoes and skecher trainers.

ihearttc Fri 20-Jan-17 17:44:33

Geox

mytinselsinatangle Fri 20-Jan-17 17:51:39

Hush puppies and kickers for school shoes and Geox for trainers - independent shoe shops are your best bet, we have wide feet in this house too.

Rorylemony Fri 20-Jan-17 18:14:26

Reebok trainers are really wide fitting.

SooDeNimm Fri 20-Jan-17 22:16:20

Oh brilliant! Loads of suggestions to try, THANK YOU! flowers

OlennasWimple Fri 20-Jan-17 23:27:43

Try Ricosta (they are more durable than lots of other brands too)

CountFosco Sat 21-Jan-17 07:19:12

Vivobarefoot do school shoes, they are really wide.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: