Talk

Advanced search

Rieker Alaska boots

(10 Posts)
ChameleonCircuit Thu 19-Jan-17 20:31:00

Saw a lady in Sainsbury's car park wearing these the other day, they looked really nice. Has anyone got a pair? What are they like? TIA

NicknameUsed Thu 19-Jan-17 21:05:17

If they are anything like other Rieker footwear they will be insanely comfortable and hard wearing. I have some shoes and some boots and really like the brand.

GobblersKnob Thu 19-Jan-17 21:08:03

I have two pairs of Riekers and love them, so comfy and the soles do not wear (and I am really tough on footwear) super warm too.

mathanxiety Thu 19-Jan-17 21:42:35

I love my Rieker booties. I think they are possibly the best value footwear on the market - high quality, long lasting, very comfortable.

ChameleonCircuit Fri 20-Jan-17 07:21:30

Sounds like a unanimous yes then 😁 Thanks.

GVmama Fri 20-Jan-17 08:08:21

The Alaska boots look lively and they look like they should last pretty well, as they have a water resistant finish, but I would be cautious with other Reiker boots because most are not leather.
That might be an advantage to some (for ethical reasons) but I've wasted too much money on boots with synthetic uppers which look awful after a month or two.
Personally I would choose something with a leather upper, you might pay a bit more but the difference might be a couple more winters wear. Is there anything by Merrell, Josef Siebel or Ecco etc?

GVmama Fri 20-Jan-17 08:12:46

Ecco Siberia lite?
outlet.eccoshoesuk.com/ecco-siberia-lite/p1540

NicknameUsed Fri 20-Jan-17 08:16:47

The fact that they aren't leather would put me off as well GVmama. My Riekers are leather though and are years old.

ChameleonCircuit Fri 20-Jan-17 22:13:23

Oh no! I hadn't realised they weren't leather. 😕

GobblersKnob Sun 22-Jan-17 08:55:38

One of my pairs are 4 years old (not leather) and has been worn to death, the uppers have no sign of wear at all, they really are beautifully made, check out the reviews on Amazon etc, once converted you won't go back.

Merrell boots otoh are some of the shitest wearing boots I have ever come across, and are not possible to re-sole.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now