Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear for work travel?

(5 Posts)
Buildthemup Thu 19-Jan-17 19:35:44

I travel long haul quite a bit for work but always seem to get it wrong on the style front. Work In a smart casual environment and the trips I do are usually quite active with lots of hands on stuff and walking around. I'll also be going straight from plane to meetings then meetings to dinner etc. I always end up looking over dressed or like a fifteen year old.

What are your best tips for looking out together but still comfortable (and after hideous plane journeys)

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 19-Jan-17 22:02:45

Comfort is the most important thing to me when travelling (especially long haul). I wear yoga trousers (or similar) with a jersey top, plus cardigan and/or blanket wrap/scarf. Shoes- wise I wear comfy slip-ons.

If I had to go to meetings/dinner straight after landing, I would keep a pair of work trousers in my hand luggage, carry/wear a jersey blazer and wear (& change out of on plane) suitable shoes. I'd get changed (& freshen up) just before landing.

mysteryfairy Sat 21-Jan-17 22:13:34

Can you use an arrivals lounge to get a shower and change?

LadyMaryofDownt0n Sat 21-Jan-17 22:34:15

I'd think it's best to take a small case as hand luggage & keep a change of clothes/wash stuff.

I could imaging wearing the same thing that long then into a meeting. I'd look a right state, I sleep, fidget & sweat on long hauls.

jeaux90 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:52:04

If I have to go straight to meeting from plane I usually wear trendy chinos (heels in a bag) and a blazer. But I work in tech so this is an acceptable look grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now