Talk

Advanced search

Chemical Peels/Skin Peels

(6 Posts)
FuckDietCoke Thu 19-Jan-17 15:04:16

I'm mid twenties, have combination skin and usually have a couple of spots somewhere on my face at any one time!

I wear primer and a light foundation in the day but would prefer to not wear any. I had acne in my teens and have a lot of blemishes/acne scars, i'd like to get a skin peel to reduce the visibility of these but I wouldn't even know what to look for/ask for.

Have any of you had one and saw the difference? if so, which one?

Any help is appreciated! :-)

Queenoftheblues Thu 19-Jan-17 23:58:43

I haven't had this done but recently spoke to staff at Sk:n who recommended the TCA peel for some large pores I have. I plan to have this done later in the year. Try googling tca peel x

FuckDietCoke Fri 20-Jan-17 15:10:56

Queenoftheblues Thank you, haven't heard of that one will try it out! :-) X

CarelessWispas Fri 20-Jan-17 15:19:30

I think Jessners peel is most often recommend for your age, skin type and improvement goals.

I've had them and they are excellent. Very little downtime relative to a TCA (which I've also done, but the downtime for similar effect). I'll try to find some links if you like.

CarelessWispas Fri 20-Jan-17 15:31:24

sorry, that should read TCA had much longer downtime versus Jessners for similar effect....much safer and lower risks of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation too.

You will need a series of max 6, spread a few weeks apart. You'll likely see significant results after 2 or 3. Only do in winter (UV sensitivity). Jessners is absolutely my favourite peel and I have done glycolic 20/30/40, lactic, TCA 18/20/25 combi lac/sal and retinoic acid variants over the past 15+ years.

Jessners is safe enough to do at home (I wouldn't recommend DIY TCA though), but if you're inexperienced then think about going professional for your first one just to master the technique. I've used the company below to purchase it myself and it comes with fairly fool-proof instructions (no affiliation).

www.amazon.com/Skin-Obsession-Anti-aging-Anti-acne-Treatment/dp/B00E3AZWGK?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Lots of reviews to wade through there, and some scary pics so you know what you're getting in to. Scary pic time = "downtime" when you won't want to go into office, do school run etc.

Lucy90I9 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:09:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now