Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a very thin but warm jacket for 13yo boy

(10 Posts)
Chewbecca Thu 19-Jan-17 09:50:35

Anyone seen or own anything suitable? I'm thinking possibly of a mac type fabric with a thin fleece layer too. Probably a man's small size.

It is the age old problem, he has coats but they are too big to stuff in his school bag and the school lockers are 'in the wrong place' so he refuses to go there at the start and end of the day to drop off/pick up his coat. Hence looking for something that'll keep him a little warmer that he can stuff in his rucksack for the day.

Thanks in advance!

OlennasWimple Thu 19-Jan-17 09:53:54

Uniqlo do fab coats that are really warm but stuff up very small (they remind me of sleeping bags smile)

Jugoo28 Thu 19-Jan-17 09:55:00

A soft shell jacket from an outdoors shop?

OliviaBensonOnAGoodDay Thu 19-Jan-17 09:55:47

Yep uniqlo, or try the original Puffa brand jackets. I wear mine for exercise or to the gym and it folds up tiny, but is one of the warmest jackets I own.

YippieKayakOtherBuckets Thu 19-Jan-17 10:42:34

YY Uniqlo Ultra Light Down.

Rikalaily Thu 19-Jan-17 10:44:14

We got ds (14) a The North Face jacket for Christmas (men's Med size) and it's keeping him nice and toasty. It rolls up nicely in his bag.

newlabelwriter Thu 19-Jan-17 10:47:22

Another vote for Uniqlo. My DS has a coat very similar sounding to what you are describing.

Bensyster Thu 19-Jan-17 11:42:29

Have the same issue - ds wouldn't wear the uniqlo option.

ModernContinental Thu 19-Jan-17 11:50:30

Got this for my 12 yr old, excellent but shockingly expensive :

cotswold outdoor

LemonBreeland Thu 19-Jan-17 11:53:02

DS1 has a down filled jacket from Decathlon. He has the same problem with needing to stuff it in his school bag, no coats allowed on inside the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now