Talk

Advanced search

Help - short and barrel-like, office clothing help

(10 Posts)
NapQueen Wed 18-Jan-17 16:28:46

About to start a new job and for the first time in my working life I will not be required to wear a uniform! In fact for the first time since before school grin

I'm only 5'2 with and chunky (size 14) so usually choose the skirt of any uniform at jobs, is it possible to find work trousers that allow me to sit down confused as everything I've tried just cuts me in half.

What's the ideal wardrobe of office clothes? I have a great pair of black smart flat shoes with a thin gold trim, and I've got bags (black/brown/grey/bottle green) so it's mainly the clothes.

And any suggestions of office wear that is cheap too as I'm going to be low on funds during the whole leaving/restarting work situation.

Thanks

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:37:55

Dresses - knee length or just above, not too fussy. Thin neat cardigan or jumper, stretch 7/8 trousers. Debenhams are good for petite range.

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:37:57

Dresses - knee length or just above, not too fussy. Thin neat cardigan or jumper, stretch 7/8 trousers. Debenhams are good for petite range.

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:38:01

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:38:04

NapQueen Wed 18-Jan-17 16:39:09

You don't say? Oh wait.... grin grin

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 16:39:19

Sorry, blame the Talk App for multiples.

NapQueen Wed 18-Jan-17 16:40:02

My tummy is definetly my worst area and some dresses just cling to it (whilst hanging off my shoulders), would a less fitted dress still be OK?

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 17:02:07

Possibly A line or shift dress with detail at neck or hem. I am your height and often take dress hems up a couple of inches so they don't look frumpy.
I'm sure I've seen Sainsbury's recommended on here.

NapQueen Wed 18-Jan-17 17:20:42

Oh I do like sainsbury for casual clothes so I'll have a look at their work clothes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now