Talk

Advanced search

March Wedding - Would This Dress Be Suitable?

(18 Posts)
MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Wed 18-Jan-17 15:01:50

Hi all, let me apologise first off for yet another wedding guest thread!

We are going to the wedding of DH's friend in early March and spotted this dress online ...

www.studio-eight.com/fcp/product/studio8/sale-dresses/annalise-dress/230200250

I def suit red and was feeling positive about it, but DH was a bit meh and it's made me doubt myself.

If it's okay, what accessories? Do I play it safe and go with black or should I go for something contrasting?

Thanks in advance for your help x

Laiste Wed 18-Jan-17 15:21:14

I think it looks like a lovely dress. The model in that pic has really scruffy hair which probably isn't enhancing the dress at all! Picture it with lovely accessories and stylish hair. A chic navy or black swing coat ect.

Is it red and black or red and a dark navy actually? Not clear on my screen.

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Wed 18-Jan-17 15:29:52

Thank you Laiste - I've just had another look and it could well be navy - do you think black/navy accessories would be okay! Not too boring?

Laiste Wed 18-Jan-17 15:47:12

I've found that dress on Zalando with different pics and it looks quite definitely red/black on there. (Depending on your size it's about £15 cheaper there too wink)

I'm not so hot on accessorising tbh. I'm sure someone will be along with good ideas soon. It's a winter wedding - so If it was me i'd probably go with black accessories but really special ones. Good excuse to buy some fab shoes and bag!

Laiste Wed 18-Jan-17 15:48:32

Meant to add - nude tights IMO.

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Thu 19-Jan-17 21:21:00

Bump

bojorojo Thu 19-Jan-17 22:42:07

I don't like the idea of a black cardigan or jacket over it. As it has short sleeves, are you standing around outside for pix? How cold will you be? Personally I think the dress has Russian styling so dark fake fur jacket! Or a classy coat . Black is not really a wedding colour but I cannot see what else goes with it!

PrimalLass Fri 20-Jan-17 06:39:34

I'm not sure it is £105 nice, tbh.

NoChocolateThanks Fri 20-Jan-17 06:49:46

It's beautiful but it has black pattern so black accessories will be better

FleshEmoji Fri 20-Jan-17 06:51:03

Totally agree with the fake fur, lovely idea.

sleepachu Fri 20-Jan-17 06:54:10

Don't wear nude tights! I actually think for your money you could get a nicer red dress.

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Fri 20-Jan-17 06:57:26

No, not a black coat to a wedding (very much funeral outerwear).

But black for shoes and bag is fine. Navy would be OK, as long as not too dark.

MrsPringles Fri 20-Jan-17 07:12:13

Primal - I agree

Sorry op, I think it's nice but it looks like something you would grab in New Look. With that budget you could do better blush

fabulousathome Fri 20-Jan-17 07:45:03

Not fur. If it is warm in March you will look daft.

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Fri 20-Jan-17 19:35:18

Thank you everyone - I've actually had to work today, so had no time for mumsnetting sad

It's an all indoors wedding (I think), so I'm not really worried about a coat, it was more shoes, jewellery and bag. I don't need to wear a fascinator thingy, do I? confused

I think I'll keep looking, you are probably right in that I could get something better for the money.

Thanks again for your help flowers x

DrScholl Sat 21-Jan-17 07:21:18

I like it. Agree very sheer nude tights

DrScholl Sat 21-Jan-17 07:21:37

High plain suede heels.

Kirriemuir Sat 21-Jan-17 13:02:28

I think you can get a nicer dress for that money. Some good dresses on phase eight at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now