Talk

Advanced search

Low allergy hairdresser East Anglia or London?

(18 Posts)
Bloomed Wed 18-Jan-17 12:57:33

Could anyone recommend a salon using gentle products for highlights? I've recently moved back to UK after leaving very unpleasant ex and want a brilliant revamp. He banned me from colouring my hair (I know ...) so this is top of list as I'm starting again. I've seen a salon group mentioned in Milton Keynes and Northampton using low PPD and scalp sensitive products but it would be difficult for me to get there. Any recommendations for a shit hot salon or colourist anywhere around Cambridge/Stortford area and even possibly London?

Bloomed Wed 18-Jan-17 13:04:06

Should say that I don't know if I have PPD allergy. I tend to have a flaky scalp and it was sore in patches when I had it done last. So anyone using products for sensitive skin would be useful really.

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Wed 18-Jan-17 13:08:23

Have you looked for salons using Aveda?

Bloomed Wed 18-Jan-17 13:17:54

No but I will do.

Bloomed Wed 18-Jan-17 21:05:48

Apart from aveda are there other brands I should look out for?

jeaux90 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:27:14

Bloom firstly well done for leaving the asshole grin

I second aveda salons. I have bad allergies and their products work fine for me.

The itchy scalp, buy shampoos that don't have methylisothiazolinon in. About 15% of us are allergic to this and it's in so many cosmetics and shampoo.

Bloomed Thu 19-Jan-17 00:09:30

Thanks! Wow I've never heard of that before. I'll look out for it.

DragonRojo Sun 22-Jan-17 09:28:30

Sorry to highjack. If you know of any brands of shampoo without methylisothiazolinon, please let me know. My scalp has become very sensitive and I'd like to give that a try just in case I'm allergic to it. I've tried almost every other thing I can think of.

DragonRojo Sun 22-Jan-17 09:29:31

And congrats on leaving the controlling ex

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Mon 23-Jan-17 11:14:40

@DragonRojo This is a good brand www.faithinnature.co.uk. Lots of different sorts of shampoo to try, to see what suits your hair.

Apanicaday Mon 23-Jan-17 11:20:46

There's an aveda salon in Bury St Edmunds - I'd strongly recommend it - it's where I go.

Apanicaday Mon 23-Jan-17 11:22:11

www.vanillahairsalon.com/

sparechange Mon 23-Jan-17 11:57:05

There are loads of Aveda salons in London. Both the branded ones, and independent ones using Aveda products

One near me only uses Aveda and Orbie products so no sulfates or parabans at all in the salon
Its SW London, if that's any good for you

jeaux90 Mon 23-Jan-17 12:02:36

Hi dragon cheap wise I think the Superdrug coconut water doesn't have it at least I know their hair mask doesn't as I use it as a conditioner. None of the body shop stuff does.

I use a shampoo by caudalie mainly because it's really conditioning but on the pricey side. Faith in nature stuff also doesn't have it but I don't like their products much.

DragonRojo Mon 23-Jan-17 19:14:56

Thank you. I like Caudalie's moisturisers so I'll start with that and see.

Bloomed Mon 23-Jan-17 20:51:58

Sorry I'd assumed this had fizzled out. I've promised myself a trip to Bury St Edmunds so will seek that salon out. Am going to go shopping for suitable shampoos. If I can get my scalp sorted out I'll go swishing with bright blonde hair into the sunset.

justaweeone Tue 24-Jan-17 07:30:22

A friend swears by this one
http://www.sixappleyardcreake.co.uk/holt-salon/4589752680

Bloomed Tue 24-Jan-17 19:07:43

Quick question. Is methyl isethionate the same thing? I found a brand called kind natured which is more natural but that's listed as an ingredient

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now