Talk

Advanced search

Tiffany engagement rings

(9 Posts)
Sickofthisnow Wed 18-Jan-17 11:53:20

Does anyone know how much these start at and what the price range is? My brother wants to buy one (yay) but there are hardly any on the website?

Stilitzvert Wed 18-Jan-17 12:34:42

They are lovely but they're really not good value for money, you're totally paying for the name and the branding. Would he consider going to an independent dealer and having something made - he'd be able to get something really lovely for a fraction of the cost. The mark up in Tiffany will be about 200% over going to a wholesaler and a setter.

SpermThroughASashWindow Wed 18-Jan-17 12:36:59

A jeweller once told me that Tiffany's diamonds are generally quite poor quality. They do come in a gorgeous box, however!

MinnieMinchkin Wed 18-Jan-17 12:40:33

I would also recommend going to an independent jewellery maker. My rings were made by a local family business and the experience of having my exact designs made up using their expertise more than made up for a lack of label smile

CurlsLDN Wed 18-Jan-17 12:44:08

I don't know the exact range, but dh and I chose my engagement ring together. I was looking for a coloured stone with small diamonds around it, which (incidentally) is usually cheaper than a big chunk of diamond.
We walked in there with £3000 to spend, made it clear we were not time wasters and we were ready to spend, and we were treated like we'd just turned up with 20p pocket money!
Unfortunately for us it was not a great experience. We went down the road to another well known luxury store and got just what I wanted and fantastic service.

BusterTheBulldog Wed 18-Jan-17 12:54:15

Same as the above-the bigger ones are beautiful! But prob talking £20k min to get a half decent one.

My friend has one, and it's lovely but teeney tiny diamond. Depends what you want though! If it will mean something to his future wife then go for it, why not give the Bond Street store a call for a rough idea of what he can afford.

DialMforMummy Wed 18-Jan-17 13:01:09

I'll second what the pp said and would avoid as you'd pay more for the brand than the band....
I'd go to a jewellery district ie: Hatton Gardens and choose a gorgeous stone. Have it set in a Tiffany style if that's what he/she wants and voilà!
An amazing diamond ring is an amazing diamond ring, Tiffany or not. Brand in jewellery is a waste of money IMHO.

Move2yorkshire Wed 18-Jan-17 13:03:01

I have a trilogy diamond and sapphire engagement ring from Tiffany. Not sure of exact price but around 10-15k 5 years ago

SeussicaltheMusical Wed 18-Jan-17 13:20:21

I have a 2 ct Tiffany solitaire, DP bought it 2 years ago and I believe it was around 10k. I love it, it's a stunning ring and makes me happy when I look at it. It came with a certificate for the diamond, with details of cut, size, clarity etc. Yes it might have been cheaper elsewhere but I love Tiffany so it was always going to be that for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now