Talk

Advanced search

Illuminator

(8 Posts)
AcademicInHiding Wed 18-Jan-17 11:49:20

I think I want an illuminator. I don't fully understand it but I'm sure I'll get it once I own one.

So, recommend me an illuminator, please. I have combination skin but can get oily around my period.

Thanks!

whitesklyer Wed 18-Jan-17 13:39:39

Hi Academic, this was recommended a few weeks back in Style magazine(Times on Sunday). Took myself into M&S following day clutching torn piece of mag to show assistant what I was looking for. Noticed 2 other women ahead of me looking for same product shock. Product was OOS, but m&s lady told me to keep coming in and checking, which I did for 2 weeks - Finally got it medium colour (last one on shelf) anyway I love it, it gives skin a lovely light dewy appearance, coverage isn't great but it really does illuminate the skin. I've been looking for another blinkin' one since and it is constantly OOS sad but when they are next in I'll grab 5! HTH

Dieu Wed 18-Jan-17 14:04:43

Oh, it's got to be NARS. Amazing stuff. And a bottle of their highlighter/illuminator stuff lasts years, as a little goes such a long way!

Dieu Wed 18-Jan-17 14:06:38

narscosmetics.co.uk/en_GB/copacabana-illuminator/0607845023364.html#start=1

thethoughtfox Wed 18-Jan-17 14:28:59

Becca Backlight is supposed be amazing. It's an illuminating primer to wear under foundation (or by itself)

AcademicInHiding Wed 18-Jan-17 14:35:59

Thanks for the recommendations so far. I'm a bit rubbish with make-up.

I use tinted moisturiser rather than foundation. So, with the NARS one, do I put it on after my moisturiser? And just along the cheek bones, nose and chin?

With Becca Backlight, does that go all over your face?

Someone at work mentioning the M&S one, which is what started me on the search for an illuminator actually. She always looks great. I might have to keep checking in at M&S- very reasonable price.

Dieu Wed 18-Jan-17 14:39:44

Nars can be added to moisturiser or foundation, but I always use it on its own over my foundation, on tops of cheekbones, temples and brow line etc.

missjoanie Wed 18-Jan-17 19:11:26

The Hourglass ones are lovely, if a bit pricey. Have a look at the Ambient range - they come in powder form and a little goes a long way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now