Talk

Advanced search

Searching for Estee Lauder Cafe Latte discontinued lipstick

(22 Posts)
WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 09:24:50

After years of wearing glosses, I've recently discovered my lipstick collection. My favourite lipstick is Estee Lauder's Café Latte, which is the lipstick I bought for my wedding day ten years go. I love it. I now wear it most days and it really suits me. I can't believe I had forgotten about it. Of course, in the meantime, its been discontinued, and I only have a tiny bit left.

I've googled and searched on discontinued make up sites. Nothing.

So this is a plea. If you by any chance happen to have one in your stocks of make up, please could I buy it from you? Please?

WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 14:13:45

bumping and hoping

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Wed 18-Jan-17 15:07:37

Found one here, but the price is stupid!

www.amazon.com/Estee-Lauder-Lipstick-CAFFE-LATTE/dp/B000WIIMAU

WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 15:24:57

Thanks MrsAS. Its the only one I've been able to find too, that's when I wondered if other MNers might have one buried in their make up stashes. I'm not sure if I can justify £60 on a lipstick, much as I'd like it!

ohidoliketobe Wed 18-Jan-17 15:32:39

Its a long shot, but sometimes it's the name that's discontinued rather than the actual colour - so it may still exist but with a different name. If there's a department store with an estee lauder counter near you it might be worth going and speaking to them. At least you'll be able to go round the different counters and see if there's anything similar. Good luck with finding a new lipstick or a dupe. I love their rose tea shade and would be devastated if they discontinued.

SapphireSeptember Wed 18-Jan-17 15:50:41

Can you please post a picture of it so we can see what it looks like?

WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 15:56:48

It is this lipstick. I've asked at the Estee Lauder counter, but they don't have anything even similar, unfortunately.

Shukinskaya Wed 18-Jan-17 16:35:48

Have you tried Charlotte Tilbury? I was looking at a counter at the weekend and noticed they had a couple of coffee nudes.

Deathraystare Wed 18-Jan-17 17:37:09

A long shot but there is a shop called The make up Store -there was one in Westfield but has gone and one in the Portsmouth outlet place. They sold Estee lauder amongst other s(all owned by the company). I am not sure how old the things are because I got two of those Envy lippies so they are failrly recent. am not sure if there is a store near you but maybe check online.

BusterGonad Wed 18-Jan-17 18:51:45

Estée Lauder do a^ gone but not forgotten^ service in the us, if I were you I'd ring up customer services U.K. and see if they can locate one/a few for you. You never know. And like another poster said you could be lucky and they've just renamed it. Failing that take what's left around some make up counters and see if they can match it up to one of theirs.

Cakescakescakes Wed 18-Jan-17 18:54:54

Somewhere like Bobbi Brown might be a good bet for a neutral. Or I have a Chanel Lipstick in a shade called 'Adrienne' which is very similar?

Darklane Wed 18-Jan-17 20:24:26

Estée Lauder are a real pain for discontinuing colours. They discontinued my favourite too.

Flisstizzy Wed 18-Jan-17 20:36:26

Does it have a number as well as a name? Maybe it's been re-named ?? hopeful longshot

RoganJosh Wed 18-Jan-17 20:38:47

Have you looked on eBay?

WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 20:40:30

It's re nutriv R74.

Thanks for the Chanel comparison, you're right, it is similar. I will try that. My Estée one has sort of flecks in it too, and it's not sheer. It is just lovely. <cries>

Thanks all for trying to help.

WellTidy Wed 18-Jan-17 20:41:13

Ive looked on eBay, yes. Uk and worldwide. Nothing.

SapphireSeptember Wed 18-Jan-17 23:21:58

Revlon Champagne On Ice looks similar, if that's any help. It's also a damn sight cheaper even with P&P.

www.ebay.com/itm/1-Revlon-Super-Lustrous-Lipstick-You-Choose-/281748725286?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275

UncomfortableBadger Thu 19-Jan-17 07:02:04

Cosmetics a la carte have a lab where they can mix a lipstick colour specifically to match your requirements. If you've got a stub left of the Estée Lauder, they should be able to manage it.

www.cosmeticsalacarte.com/shop/my-mix-make-up.html

WellTidy Thu 19-Jan-17 08:44:33

Loon, I will look at that Revlon one too, thanks.

The bespoke lipstick is £55. Eeek. I think I would be better off buying the $75 cafe latte from Amazon.com and being sure that I'm getting what I want.

I really appreciate all your steers. Thanks very much.

WellTidy Thu 19-Jan-17 08:45:09

No idea how ooooh came out as Loon, sorry!!

SapphireSeptember Fri 20-Jan-17 00:47:26

Hehehe. Good luck! I hate it when brands discontinue things! It's so annoying!

WellTidy Mon 23-Jan-17 15:38:45

Just coming back to say that Estee Lauder do a Gone But Not Forgotten service in the UK as well as in the US. The phone number is 0370 034 2709. They try and locate make up which has been discontinued in the last two years. Mine was discontinued un 2011, so no hope for me, but the details may help someone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now