Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unusual dress for a wedding guest search

(3 Posts)
cocoface Tue 17-Jan-17 19:11:19

I will be attending a wedding in June (looking forward to it as Im reaching my slimming goals so far). Would love to buy a dress to "aim" for re weight etc and something which is going to get me feeling a bit more confident. I have worn a dress like this previously (Borrowed from a friend) and it is definitely my style, would anyone have any ideas where I could get this sort of style? - apologies in advance if the link does not work, first attempt at linking something, thanks in advance.

www.bing.com/images/search?q=monsoon+hummingbird+dress&view=detailv2&id=05BA73E42A42084327CC0DF39938D26C3EF3A4F0&selectedindex=4&ccid=%2FortGSfn&simid=608005407209948886&thid=OIP.Mfe8aed1927e735e095ae461fc26682e9o0&mode=overlay&first=1

DianaT1969 Tue 17-Jan-17 19:53:18

I'm not sure from the link what shape dress you're hoping for. Could you give your ideal length, neckline, sleeves, waist etc. Also what dress size you hope to be. There are people on here who come up with amazing suggestions. On first glance I think the print you linked to might seem dated for a summer 2017 wedding, but I'm no expert, so others might forward lovely options with more info.
Well done on the health kick and weightloss!

cocoface Tue 17-Jan-17 21:20:23

Thanks Diana. I have quite good cleavage and am quite tall 5ft 6 so was thinking maxi dress, perhaps wrap type with spaghetti straps? I suit purple, red, jewel tones really. Just loved the dress in the link as it was so unusual, really 70's and hippyish. in saying that Ive also work biba and ossie clark (I was slim at one stage).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now