Talk

Advanced search

Help me revamp my work wardrobe!

(6 Posts)
MummaGiles Tue 17-Jan-17 13:44:21

One year on from coming back from maternity and I really need to revamp my work wardrobe. I wear the same things ALL. THE. TIME. But I don't have much confidence in shopping for myself anymore, or much time to go out and browse.

I tend to wear skirts and tops, but would like to wear more dresses. It's hard to find suitable ones though because I just don't suit high necklines (big boobs and broad shoulders). I'm in a fairly corporate environment and go to meetings with clients (and be smart smart) but the office is business-casual (hence my skirt/top/cardigan combo) so I need to cover both bases.

Black washes me out a bit. I am best in navy, grey tones, or bright (but deep) blues/reds/greens etc.

Help me please! I want to dress for the job I want (promote me!), not the jobs I have.

MummaGiles Tue 17-Jan-17 13:45:14

Ps in terms of shape for skirts I go for pencil style, not flappy skirts, and knee length.

SeaRabbit Tue 17-Jan-17 13:46:30

We need an idea of budget and the brands you like

MummaGiles Tue 17-Jan-17 13:48:47

I'd say mid-range budget. Will splurge on a couple of pieces if they're perfect. And I haven't done much shopping for myself for a while so brands is a difficult one.

In terms of my own shape, like I said: big boobs, broad shoulders, mum tum and wide hips, about 5ft 8.

MummaGiles Tue 17-Jan-17 13:50:04

Phase eight dresses fit me very well, and I have bought quite a lot from there in the past (for weddings, Christmas dos etc), if only they did work wear!

MummaGiles Tue 17-Jan-17 13:51:24

Well I know they do actually do work wear but it's all high necked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now