Talk

Advanced search

Beauty and hair care dupes thread? Freebies and more.

(87 Posts)
Kateallison16 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:12:16

OK so I just thought I'd come on here and share so easy money saving wisdom with you all in a hope some of you might share yours too wink

OK so for those who want to try olaplex hair treatments, you can buy something called Colorphlex on amazon and ite exactly the same. A trial size (one use) costs less than £7 and you can do it at home. You get stage 1&2. It's amazing stuff. Stir into hair dye, bleach or even a deep conditioner and you won't recognise your hair after I promise.

I wrote to (emailed) Elemis a while ago enthusing about a product i tried and loved. In response they sent me a gift box full of goodies. So if you love a product tell the company's. Not only is it great feedback but some even give you gifts in return.

For Benefit dupes buy from the brand W7. Good products and similar ranges (especially the cheek and lip tints!)

LittleOyster Tue 17-Jan-17 14:09:34

I think some of these are pretty well-known, but anyway:

Sleek Rose Gold blush (£4.99) is a great dupe for Nars Orgasm. I also have a Miss Sporty blush (£2.99, sorry - can't remember the name) which is a bang-on perfect dupe for my Nars Deepthroat.

Sleek brow palette (8.49) = Benefit Browzings (I actually prefer the Sleek palette as it's less red-toned). Freedom brow pomade (£5) is not a bad dupe for Anastasia.

Umm, that's it for now... I shall update if I remember any others....

passmethewineplease Tue 17-Jan-17 14:13:21

The makeup revolution iconic pallets are dupes for urban decay naked pallets.

Good pigment and shades are near bang on. A steal at £4!

LittleOyster Tue 17-Jan-17 14:13:26

Thought of another...!

I heard a perfumier on the radio saying that Lidl's Suddenly Madame Glamour (£3.99) is a perfect dupe for Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, the only difference being it doesn't last as long so will need more top-ups.

I bought a bottle of the Lidl stuff (big spender, me), but wasn't overwhelmed - but then I am not too keen on Chanel scents in general....

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 17-Jan-17 15:25:14

I've bought two Sleek rose gold blushers and they both shattered within a week of purchase, fucking up 2 make up bags in the processangry
For the price, I could have just bought another Orgasm.
Much as I love make up, I've never found a dupe that's actually a dupe if you know what I mean.
That said, placemarking with keen interest just in case
smile

user1475253854 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:08:40

Thanks for the Olaplex tip OP. My hairdresser offers it but yours is much cheaper!

sulee Fri 20-Jan-17 20:53:40

Kateallison thank you so much 💐! Ordered the Colorphlex from Amazon and it's AMAZING! My hair hasn't looked this good for years. Just mixed in with a semi permanent colour and it's transformed my fine, stringy barnet into swishy loveliness!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Fri 20-Jan-17 21:00:39

Sorry but 'I could have just bought another Orgasm' really made me laugh.

Boots Natural Collection blusher isn't anywhere near as good as Benefit Dandelion but it's not bad at all and costs less than a magazine.

Also I've recently moved over to the No 7 pore minimising primer - it's way cheaper than Porefessional and really quite good.

mistermagpie Fri 20-Jan-17 22:24:43

NYX is meant to be a dupe range for Mac. I have only bought a lip liner so far but it is s good match,

Kateallison16 Fri 20-Jan-17 23:22:01

Very welcome! It really has changed my hair. It's so affordable and easy to order if you know what to look for! smile

Afterthestorm Fri 20-Jan-17 23:37:44

I've also just ordered the olaplex dupe. I couldn't afford the real one so thanks.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 21-Jan-17 02:54:28

Sleek 'Rose Gold' is way too glittery to be taken seriously. Good job its only a few £ , its one of the worst blushers I've ever used.

Though I really love the Sleek eye and the lip palettes ..

Kateallison16 Sat 21-Jan-17 02:56:33

After get ready for swishy hair!
Love these dupes btw star

dovesong Sat 21-Jan-17 02:59:47

Sleek rose gold is a great blusher on me and really similar to Orgasm. The I Heart Makeup eyeshadow palettes are dupes of the too faced chocolate box ones and their lip things are also the same as the too faced melts.

dovesong Sat 21-Jan-17 03:02:37

Oh, makeup revolution's iconic palettes are also dupes for the lorac pro ones.

dovesong Sat 21-Jan-17 03:03:57

*iconic pro, sorry!

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Sat 21-Jan-17 15:28:04

I've just bought a NYX under-eye brightener thing. Seems okay but way too much packaging for a tiny pot.

LoupGarou Sat 21-Jan-17 16:02:07

Wet and Wild have some really good dupes for MAC lipsticks, and I think the quality is better tbh.

Lymmmummy Sat 21-Jan-17 16:13:26

Hi curious as to how you do the olopax/ dupe at home - ?

In terms if dupes - home bargains have a great really cheap Argan oil shampoo /conditioner range - the NYx liquid highlighters similar to NARS - have also found collection 2000 concealers v good also maybelline velvet beige is good dupe for velvet teddy lipstick bu Mac

VintagePerfumista Sat 21-Jan-17 16:17:17

Perfume Parlour perfume oils are, by and large, magnificent dupes for the real things. I have about 35 blush and most are great. I prefer some of them to the original! (YSL Rive Gauche and Prada Infusions d'Iris for example)

Off to try this hair stuff!

VintagePerfumista Sat 21-Jan-17 16:18:32

Oh- re argan and any other oils- I just buy big bottles of organic oils from Amazon, generally use Naissance seller. Cost about a tenth of the packaged, boxed, advertised stuff.

Howaboutthisone Sat 21-Jan-17 16:18:44

Watching with interest! I need to cut my beauty spend!

Lambzig Sat 21-Jan-17 16:36:36

How do you use the colorphlex with a conditioning treatment? Do you just mix it with say, the Philip Kingsley elasticiser, shampoo off and then the second stage? Would that work? I don't colour my hair at home and my hairdresser doesn't offer olapex, but have been dying to try it.

Kateallison16 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:43:15

You get two little sachet pods. Pour step one into a conditioner, dye or bleach. Leave it on your hair for half hour. Wash out. Use step two like a conditioner and leave in for 15 mins or so.

Kateallison16 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:43:56

Don't shampoo after dyes or plex treatments, just water rinse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now