Talk

Advanced search

Beauty products we have loved and lost

(4 Posts)
CaoNiMa Tue 17-Jan-17 08:40:44

I am currently kicking myself after losing half of my beloved Clarins Blue Orchid oil. I hadn't screwed the lid on properly, and woke up to find that my cat (fie upon him) had knocked it off my dresser onto one of my slippers. Half the bottle had soaked into the fabric. On the plus side, at least it wasn't on the carpet, but... That's probably about 15 quid worth of product gone.

It reminded me of another careless loss. I bought a Chanel lipgloss at Manchester airport duty free once, and opened it before going through security. I forgot to put it in the see-through bag, and the draconian security guard CONFISCATED it.

Does anyone have any similar tales of woe to make me feel less of an idiot??

Deathraystare Tue 17-Jan-17 09:29:24

Decleor Micellar water (lovely rose smelling) in my suitcase. Lid not on fully. Blast it. Thankfully I have two other bottles!!

Also number of perfumes who spray top not on bottle. My friend said she can get replacements but already chucked perfumes.

ZacharyQuack Tue 17-Jan-17 09:45:06

Brand new Nars Schiap lipstick. DD saw it on my dresser, opened it up, wound it up and had a look. Ohh pretty pink. Then she put the top back on without winding it down first and smushed the lovely lovely lippie all inside the lid. She was so upset I had to pretend that I wasn't pissed off.

ZacharyQuack Tue 17-Jan-17 09:45:56

Brand new Laura Mercier cream shadow stick. Left behind in a hotel room in Sydney. I bought the empty box home instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now