Talk

Advanced search

What's so great about Touche Éclat?

(18 Posts)
absolutelynotfabulous Tue 17-Jan-17 08:04:03

Quite fancy this to add a bit of a glow to my old self.

Is it worth the hype? Or is it simply a glorified concealer?

I use concealers already in my many dark shadowy bits to reasonable effect.

BusterGonad Tue 17-Jan-17 08:14:32

Well I've tried it and prefer Dior Skinflash, I love it because it makes my dark circles disappear, it makes me feel glam and confident, it hides my nose to lip lines and if I put a ring of it around my mouth it makes it look pouty. I love the consistency it's like a gel cream with doesn't dry out and go cakey. But please remember it will highlight protruding areas, i.e. Protruding bags, spots etc...It is a highlighter not a concealer! I wouldn't be without my Skinflash, repurchased twice.

burnishedsilver Tue 17-Jan-17 08:25:03

Its definately not a concealer. I didnt realise that when I bought it so I was probably using it wrong. It didn't seem to do much of anything really.

MadHattersWineParty Tue 17-Jan-17 08:27:36

I wanted a Touché eclat for ages... Got one last year but much prefer my Benefit High Beam.

heebiejeebie Tue 17-Jan-17 08:30:01

Charlotte Tilbury one is v similar but a better consistency and less highlighting I think

BusterGonad Tue 17-Jan-17 08:34:52

Like I said I love my Dior Skinflash as it hides my lines and purple rings and makes my lips and eyes stand out. For spots and blemishes I just double up my foundation or use a normal concealer.

HughLauriesStubble Tue 17-Jan-17 08:44:45

I bought it thinking it was some sort of magic concealer and then never used it when I discovered it does feck all to undereye circles. Still have it 10 years later probably time to chuck but it annoys me that I spent so much and got so little

So yeah, not a fan here!

Deathraystare Tue 17-Jan-17 08:54:38

I remember a few years back everyone was saying Collection 2000 's was better than touche eclat!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Tue 17-Jan-17 09:04:49

I used it years ago as a concealer (pretty much when it first came out so not many alternatives). It was probably best of a bad bunch then, but it gave me hideously sore and watery eyes and still does if I try it again now.

Bluntness100 Tue 17-Jan-17 09:06:24

I prefer the Armani one, love it. The YSL one I think I'm allergic to, makes my eyes run if I put it anywhere near. 😞

Strummerville Tue 17-Jan-17 10:17:58

I recently bought the Becca undereye illuminator after a recommendation on here, and it's brilliant. Game-changing product. I have genetic dark circles that are always there but turn into horrible bruise-like rings if I am stressed, tired or eating badly.

I used to use Touche Eclat when I was younger, and it worked well for me then, when I was less knackered and generally better-looking!

VintagePerfumista Tue 17-Jan-17 15:12:02

It's nothing special. And it's definitely a highlighter rather than a concealer, as countless FB photos of women in a kind of reverse negative Panda can testify.

Collection 2000 loads better, cheap as chips and doesn't smell like a dirty dishcloth after 3 days.

I am, of course, now running like a sheep <baa baa> to buy some of this 'ere Dior Skinflash....grin hides lines you say?

BusterGonad Tue 17-Jan-17 16:11:13

Vintage I personally love Skinflash but don't blast me if you hate it! 😂 For me it's the consistency that I like, like a cream/gel. Personally it helps my wrinkles to look less prominent and helps with the downwards look of my lips at the sides. I just love it but you might not!

BusterGonad Tue 17-Jan-17 16:12:25

I recommend you look on makeupalley.com and read others reviews before making any expensive purchases!

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 17-Jan-17 17:26:27

Thanks all. Yes, I was confusing highlighter with concealer. D'oh!

So, not great then...will check makeupalley. Thanks for tipsmile.

Botanicbaby Tue 17-Jan-17 18:25:55

OP If it's a good concealer you're after if they still do it I recall Benefit Boing being (surprisingly) good.

Used touché eclat when younger but never understood the hype. Yeah it's nice but not all that...PP is right it stinks after a whilegrinnow must dash, I've got some Skinflash research coming up!

AlfaMummy Tue 17-Jan-17 18:38:19

The By Terry version is better. As I understand it, Terry is responsible for the original YSL formulation. By Terry is her own brand and her version is far better. However, neither is a concealer, more 'soft focus' highlighters...

BusterGonad Tue 17-Jan-17 18:44:27

I've heard By Terry is good, I've never tried it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now