Talk

Advanced search

Do they really work?

(10 Posts)
Mufftache Mon 16-Jan-17 21:19:53

Can anyone tell me, do those new-fangled hair straightening brushes really work?! Before I go out and waste money on one....

These things: http://www.jmldirect.com/health-and-beauty/hair-care-and-accessories/simply-straight-heated-ceramic-hair-straightener-brush/

Softkitty2 Mon 16-Jan-17 21:28:15

Nope

moonchild77 Mon 16-Jan-17 21:32:32

Pile of shit. Don't waste your money.

Mufftache Tue 17-Jan-17 15:50:59

Thought they were too good to be true! I'll stick to my ancient GHDs then. Thanks x

ClarkL Tue 17-Jan-17 17:59:58

I have really thick frizzy hair and it takes ages to straighten properly with traditional hair straighteners. I bought a brush from amazon, not the JML one and I was actually surprised, I brush my hair with a normal hairbrush and put it in a ponytail then use the heated brush on my 'tail' it's not perfectly straight but it gets rid of the frizz and kinks.
You wont get perfectly straight hair, but I do think it has its place and useful as an everyday tool

MsUnderstanding Tue 17-Jan-17 18:05:18

I have really thick frizzy hair and it takes ages to straighten properly with traditional hair straighteners. I bought a brush from amazon

Same here. I don't want straight hair, just less frizzy but still wavy rather than curly. Mine does that without having to section off with clips, you just brush, easier than straighteners imo.

DeleteOrDecay Tue 17-Jan-17 18:07:24

I got one of these for Christmas. It's okay, it will never be a replacement for actual straighteners but they are good for a quick tidy up/de frizz.

hyacinthwannabe Tue 17-Jan-17 18:08:40

I bought a cheap one of Amazon too! I love mine. I have fine frizzy hair but loads of it and this brush soothes it beautifully with out making it look totally flat like my GHd's do. So if u want less frizzy smoother hair but with volume then yes they are decent. Xx

TiddlesUpATree Tue 17-Jan-17 18:09:04

I have really fine hair. It works pretty well. Not as good as god but much faster and safer. Plus I don't worry about the kids grabbing it and burning their fingers or burning the house down.

showmeislands Tue 17-Jan-17 20:04:03

I have a babyliss one and I absolutely love it. I have long, quite fine wavy hair prone to frizz, and this leaves it shiney and groomed in about 5 minutes, without the dead straight / lank look I get with straighteners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now