Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pale blue dress - nude or grey shoes?

(10 Posts)
MackerelOfFact Mon 16-Jan-17 11:00:08

Have a wedding coming up in a few weeks and have bought a pale blue high-neck 'wiggle' dress from ASOS.

Would you go for nude or pale grey shoes and clutch? I already have patent nude or grey heels and I'd rather not buy new. (I also have various patent, non-patent and strappy black shoes but suspect they would look awful).

I'm veering towards grey I think, and grey nails, or is that too much? I don't want to look like a corpse.

BikeRunSki Mon 16-Jan-17 11:02:12

Nude
Park blue and grey Is a bit school-uniformy.

SapphireSeptember Mon 16-Jan-17 11:04:44

I'd say grey, I like the ice maiden look myself.

FunkinEll Mon 16-Jan-17 11:08:12

Do you have any navy shoes?

If not, I'd definitely go grey over nude.

Melstarrynight Mon 16-Jan-17 11:13:22

I would imagine nude. Grey might look like you're going to work?

burnishedsilver Mon 16-Jan-17 11:23:40

Try the dress on with one of each of the pairs of shoes. You'll know which works best as soon as you see it.

MackerelOfFact Mon 16-Jan-17 12:13:11

The nude ones are a coraly nude rather than a beigey nude, so my gut feeling is that the grey ones look better (they're pale grey, so not that school-uniformy). Just wasn't really sure if there were 'rules' about such things!

The model on the website wears white sandals with the dress, which I'd have never put together, but it looks nice, so I don't trust myself basically.

MackerelOfFact Mon 16-Jan-17 12:14:05

Oh, and no, no navy shoes unfortunately.

CaitAgusMadra Mon 16-Jan-17 13:19:57

Grey

Nude is a bit Kate Middleton circa 2010

MackerelOfFact Mon 16-Jan-17 14:52:01

Nude is a bit Kate Middleton circa 2010

PSML. grin To be fair, the dress itself is a bit Queen Mother circa 1996 so maybe that would be an improvement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now