Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How to dress a muffin top

(4 Posts)
Feckinlego Mon 16-Jan-17 09:41:38

I've always been slim, but I've put on weight over the past year. Went clothes buying the other day and everything was hideous. I just don't know how to dress for my shape any more. What kind of jeans are best? Anything I tried on either accentuated the muffin top or fell down from my hips.

Any help or advice would be welcome. I'm a typical mum uniform type-skinnies, boots, Breton top and cardi.

mother2smallboys Mon 16-Jan-17 09:43:25

Levis do some really good jeans that hold you in but they still look like low waste-rs skinny jeans, can't remember the name of them but have two pairs and more than anything it makes me feel like the muffin top is being held in!!x

stillnotjustamummy Mon 16-Jan-17 10:18:39

Salsa high rise skinny fit jeans are good for holding back Mum tum. Or if you might be able to work it off and don't want to spend too much the new look high rise stretchy jeans are a good budget alternative.

Feckinlego Mon 16-Jan-17 12:20:05

Thank you both I'll try on those brands. I've had salsa jeans recommended by a friend but I wouldn't usually spend that much. I might try them on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: