Talk

Advanced search

M and S online guide to bra fitting

(17 Posts)
marplesmarbles Sun 15-Jan-17 22:12:38

M and S bra fitting has been done to death but there seems to be a new development...

www.marksandspencer.com/s/lingerie/be-inspired/bra-fitting-tool?intid=LG_topnav_brasizecalc_txt

Well that's not so helpful smile.

34C according to this. (Rigby and Peller in shop measure of 30D). I wish there was some vague standardisation in the bra world.

There is standardisation to an extent (as far as there is with clothes in general) - it's just that Marks refuse to admit their bras are made according to it! We tested this when it first came online and even if you describe a perfectly fitting bra it will tell you that you need a different size!

marplesmarbles Sun 15-Jan-17 22:40:55

Thanks Statistically for the info. I fear it's not just M and S. It hard to find certain brands going below a 32 band, especially in Europe. I enjoyed the cheery little claim, you're one of the 80% of women wearing the wrong size bra! (according to their sizing)Head bang....

IdaDown Sun 15-Jan-17 23:04:42

I'd love to know what size Rosie is and what size M&S would stuff her into.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 16-Jan-17 06:56:44

Apparently I'm a 30D.

I'm actually a 28DD. How embarrassing for them that they can't get bra size right.

RitaCrudgington Mon 16-Jan-17 07:03:07

It's a lot closer than it's been in the past though. I tried it out and it was only one "sister size" out like Fluffy. So at least they're now advising something which has a decent possibility of more or less fitting, rather than something that's miles out. Progress?

RitaCrudgington Mon 16-Jan-17 07:04:14

Mind you the OP's experience seems pretty disastrous.

It's basically a sister size out when you to describe a perfectly fitting bra from another company-I think the underbust measurement is a new addition bit everything else is like their old one. You describe a bra with no fit issues and they tell you it's the wrong size...

KatharinaRosalie Mon 16-Jan-17 09:32:04

They had a bra fitting video where the expert senior bra fitter measured the model, and stated that she measured 32 inches, therefore needs a 36 bra..

Wolpertinger Mon 16-Jan-17 09:32:49

I tried it - gave them an example of a perfectly fitting bra and it promptly told me to up a back size and down a cup size.

No thank-you.

user1471446905 Mon 16-Jan-17 09:40:12

wolpertinger, exactly the same for me! I have a perfectly fitted 34F and they suggest a 36E. Madness!

Flabrador Tue 17-Jan-17 18:37:41

It's put me in a 34B which was what I was wearing before my mumsnet bra intervention. I'm actually a 30D so it's a sister size but still... I'm sure they've been told multiple times how wrong they are but they don't seem to care?

Piffpaffpoff Tue 17-Jan-17 18:47:18

Ha this is so funny, they also put me up a back size and down a cup. I am a 36E, at one point they had me in a 40C. It would have been hilarious except this was a trainee ... BEING SUPERVISED BY THEIR 'EXPERT'! Now I go to my lovely independent shop where they can almost do it by eye - and the results are perfect.

ilovecherries Tue 17-Jan-17 19:24:35

I heard a roman in the next changing room being measured there the other week. When I heard them telling her she was a 42C I wanted to beat the door down and save her (I'd seen her on the way in, and she looked nothing like that!)

ilovecherries Tue 17-Jan-17 19:25:07

Woman. I have no idea if she was also Roman.

DaftJelly Tue 17-Jan-17 19:29:32

It's put me up a cup size and back size.

I do have a bit of bulge tbf but 38E sounds HUGE.

ilovecherries Tue 17-Jan-17 19:30:04

Oh, and it's just tried to put me in a 42G (I'm very comfortable in a bravissimo 36K)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now