Talk

Advanced search

Natural deodorant that actually WORKS!

(29 Posts)
Deadsouls Sun 15-Jan-17 09:45:49

Hello, any recommendations for a natural deodorant that will work. I tired different brands, including pit rock, and haven't found one yet that actually works to stop body odour.
I just would like one without the aluminium, alcohol etc...
Anyone found the holy grail?!

MiniMaxi Sun 15-Jan-17 09:54:24

I use Salt of the Earth unscented spray and find it effective (6-7 squirts per arm)

Strawberryfield12 Sun 15-Jan-17 10:00:30

Have seen lots of good reviews about the Aurelia one, haven't tried myself yet, but have a little tester size delivered yesterday. Maybe somebody has already tried it?

VintagePerfumista Sun 15-Jan-17 10:05:28

There is a Lush one- yellow cube thing- Aroma-something. Haven't used it for years, but it was the only one that didn't leave me minging after a few hours. Has a kind of lemon grass scent.

The others are truly shite. Tbh, with some of them, especially all the ones of a crystal/rock variety, you're as well just washing your pits with soap and water a few times a day.

PhoenixJasmine Sun 15-Jan-17 10:08:00

I love love love the Pitrock roll-on. It's a holy grail product for me and haven't used anything else for years. I buy 2 or 3 at a time from amazon so I never run out.

Cumberlover76 Sun 15-Jan-17 10:08:44

Earth conscious natural deodorant paste, find it really good. When you change to a more natural deodorant it takes a week or 2 for your body to adjust and get rid of the pore blocking stuff in the chemical deodorants. So persevere.

SILfoundmyusername Sun 15-Jan-17 10:09:47

Following as I've just made the switch to pit rock for round the house but bit brace enough tinnitus wear antiperspirant when out the house

Deadsouls Sun 15-Jan-17 10:11:12

Thank for the recommends

girlandboy Sun 15-Jan-17 10:39:57

The Greeench from Lush is brilliant. It's a powder and smells like herbs at first, but that disappears quickly and then smells of nothing!
You apply it like you would talc.

Nettletheelf Sun 15-Jan-17 10:50:37

Don't get the Soft & Gentle '0% aluminium, no alcohol' one. It is crap.

NannyR Sun 15-Jan-17 10:55:31

The pitrok/stone deodorants work fine for me for all but the hottest weather. Doesn't stop you sweating (but anti perspirants such as sure and Mitcham don't stop me sweating either strangely) but there isn't any odour. I just rub it onto wet skin after my morning shower.

myfavouritecolourispurple Sun 15-Jan-17 13:03:14

The Green People and Neals Yard Remedies roll-ons work for me. They are quite pricey though.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-Jan-17 13:08:28

None of them ime.

Sanex brought out a gorgeously smelling one recently,I was honking by lunchtimehmm

Lovelybangers Sun 15-Jan-17 13:13:51

I am a recent convert to the crystal deodorants.

Still sweat a bit but don't smell. Even the strongest anti perspirants didn't stop me sweating and smelling so I figured I might as well ell try this type.

this one

Bubble2bubble Sun 15-Jan-17 15:11:35

Moogoo or Dr Hauschka are my current faves.

Deadsouls Sun 15-Jan-17 22:35:22

I'm going to try the pitrock roll on and see how that works. I'm hoping!

BagelGoesWalking Sun 15-Jan-17 22:44:25

Www.suneeta.co.uk has some, haven't tried them yet but might be worth having a look.

inisfree Sun 15-Jan-17 22:46:59

Been using this for years. It's brilliant!!

Neem Sun 15-Jan-17 22:50:37

Aromaco from Lush is great. It keeps you fresh-smelling, and it's moisturising

MorrisZapp Sun 15-Jan-17 22:53:47

I'm not bothered about chemicals, but what I can't stand is the plasticky residue on my clothes. It doesn't come off. Do all the deos recommended here avoid the residue issue too?

Fantasticmissfoxy Sun 15-Jan-17 22:55:12

I use the Aurelia one and it's brilliant

inisfree Sun 15-Jan-17 22:55:29

Apologies, the photo didn't post. Here is a link to what I've been using for years... it works ...

http://www.nourish.ie/p/urtekram-organic-rose-crystal-deodorant-roll-on-50ml/urtb017

kittybiscuits Sun 15-Jan-17 22:56:49

Bionsen crystal deodorant - you add water and spray. Nothing else works for me.

Deadsouls Wed 18-Jan-17 08:08:51

So I ordered Pitrock crystal roll on. Day one yesterday and I'm cautiously optimistic. Only very slight smell right at end of the day, but my clothes didn't smell at all. So I will persist.

JDSTER Wed 18-Jan-17 09:00:30

I use pitrock roll on straight after shower then just before dressing spray with Weleda rose deo spray which smells lovely. I find the combination works better than one on their own

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now