Talk

Advanced search

What's the highest strength of Salicylic Acid that you can buy these days?

(10 Posts)
ChocolateDoll Sun 15-Jan-17 09:11:23

Salicylic Acid is just brilliant on my pores.

I used to love the 10% solution from Bravura London.

Now apparently there has been some sort of change in the law, and the most concentrated solution available to buy for home use is only 2% sad

It's useless!

Does anybody know what products on the market have got the highest salicylic acid content?

Or even better, know of somewhere that you can still get higher concentrates than UK laws allow?

BWatchWatcher Sun 15-Jan-17 12:13:04

You could just try crushing aspirin into a paste. Google aspirin mask.

BWatchWatcher Sun 15-Jan-17 12:15:19

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1427028-OMG-my-skin-is-fantastic-even-if-i-do-say-so-myself

LazySusan11 Wed 18-Jan-17 19:17:07

Hopeful bump, I'd like to know too.

burnishedsilver Wed 18-Jan-17 23:34:57

I thought liquid gold has 10%. I hope that hasn't changed.

madamginger Wed 18-Jan-17 23:38:58

I was going to say bazuka extra strength is 26% but I guess that's not what you mean grin

Veterinari Thu 19-Jan-17 08:03:43

20% on ebay

JDSTER Thu 19-Jan-17 08:35:26

Liquid gold isn't salicylic acid it's glycolic which are sold at different strengths and do a different job on the skin. Paula's choice have a good range, clear extra strength is for oily skin and pores but still only 2% salicylic.

Mcmcmcmc Thu 19-Jan-17 13:25:04

SR skincare have higher percentages of salycilic. I've got the 15% formula and use it as a spot treatment (only on deep cystic acne spots). I think it has alcohol in the formula and it feels stronger and more drying than the Bravura 10% - not just for the concentration but also for the alcoholic base.
I bought salycilic peels from eBay before and wouldn't recommend them unless they are from a manufacturer you know. They tend to have harsher formulas and were very grainy - perhaps the actives were not mixed properly with the base.

Mcmcmcmc Thu 19-Jan-17 13:26:25

There's also Make Up Artist's Choice, which are very good, but they are based in the US and international shipping costs are pretty outrageous - might be an option if you are travelling there, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now